• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Oh for craps sakes Minasian get your head out of your ass.

Do you guys want the team to win some actual effing ballgames this year?

You're all aware we've had a sub-.500 record for almost a decade straight, right?

This is the price Arte should pay for wussing out on Ohtani and forcing us to hear nothing but shit about it from doyer fans. The league hates us already, sign him and give him 6 months, if he's a dud on the field or worse in the clubhouse than that other bum on the team (which can't be possible because Bauer actually wants to play), then dump him.

Light a fire under this teams ass. Give them some passion for league minimum on the mound. It's a win win scenario.

I agree 100 percent with this.  A starting pitcher for the minimum, which allows us to leave Soriano in the pen.  Also, no draft pick compensation, and no long term commitment, unless he earns it.

Anyone have access to the court documents?  They have to be more damning than what his press conference said after the case was settled.  There’s a reason no owner is signing him, it isn’t simply Arte, it’s 29 other owners. I’m guessing they know more about why he was suspended and are afraid the whole truth will come out. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone have access to the court documents?  They have to be more damning than what his press conference said after the case was settled.  There’s a reason no owner is signing him, it isn’t simply Arte, it’s 29 other owners. I’m guessing they know more about why he was suspended and are afraid the whole truth will come out. 

Possibly true or they just don't want to deal with the PR backlash they may receive. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

From what I understand, MLB has access to documents, videos, texts, etc related to multiple accusations against him. So while no charges were filed against him by the Pasadena police, for example, some folks have hinted that the totality of the info across multiple accusations led to MLB suspending him. 

Also, you can scroll through one of his accuser's Twitter feeds for links to some documents (including some related to Clevinger, btw):

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But other than that @jsnpritchett is there anything or is that it?

Ha. Didn't realize that link was going to post so many of her tweets. 

If you dig into the various articles that are out there about the other accusers, it sounds like there was enough in the aggregate to make MLB want to suspend him, whether or not he's going to be criminally or civilly liable in any individual case. 

(Note before the usual suspects chime in: I'm not arguing for or against anything. I'm just laying out why I think he was suspended and why I think teams are still reluctant to sign him. Do not yell at me if you disagree with what they did or if you think he "deserves another shot.")

41 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I polled just about everyone at our fanfest event this past weekend and they were all for the Angels signing Trevor Bauer. 

Can’t be certain but he feels like he would be an upgrade for the rotation 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I polled just about everyone at our fanfest event this past weekend and they were all for the Angels signing Trevor Bauer. 

"Just about" everyone? I think we all know who you neglected to ask.

Think About It GIF by Identity

I hate to throw a little cold water on the argument against Bauer.

But phone texts did get revealed that show Hill talking to a friend about Bauer’s net worth before he and she first got together, and both agreeing that she needs to get some of that bag (money).

Seems like an entrapment argument could be used here?

9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I hate to throw a little cold water on the argument against Bauer.

But phone texts did get revealed that show Hill talking to a friend about Bauer’s net worth before he and she first got together, and both agreeing that she needs to get some of that bag (money).

Seems like an entrapment argument could be used here?

Both can be true. Both can be bad people. She could have been in it for the money and he could have been rough and violent beyond expectation. She didn't expect it would be that bad.

Edited by totdprods