• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

As of right now every single owner doesn’t like the idea of adding him. 

True. 

But my point is that Arte's personal vibes haven't served the team well in the past - and he needs to stay the eff away from personnel decisions.  Leave that to the GM, the manager, and even the players.  

5 hours ago, ScottT said:

Anyone really claiming he wouldt be am above average major league pitcher?   He's had a bit of a spotty past.  He may not compete for a Cy Young, but people taking shots at his skill level aren't  really taking a shot at his skill level.   They just don't like him.

No, I'm making fun of him for not being able to consistently throw strikes to some random blogger. I'd say the same thing if it was Detmers, etc. He looked like a clown. 

59 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Major Sports second chances and success stories are made into movies on Disney....

While some become NETFLIX criminal documentaries and books..

It's all relevant.

After watching the first few starts this spring.... Give the Dude a shot!

They made a movie about Phil Robertson, a murderer, rapist, and child abuser who "found Jesus" and made millions selling duck noises. So it fits that Bauer would get his own film.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3jgDINOJmh/?igsh=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==

I’d be down.  Low risk, high potential reward.  If he sucks, cut him.  If he ends up being a cancer, cut him.

but the dude has purpose now.  Focus.  Intention.  Give him an incentive laden deal and I’d bet he buckles down and handles business.  He’s trying to repair his reputation after getting dragged, and convicted by mannered who hated him for exposing the sticky stuff issue.   

after watching his blogs about Japan, I do think he has been humbled a bit.  And he knows so much about baseball and pitching.  

add all of this together and the potential is great, and the risk is league minimum

and for all the PC Nightmare worries, we are already the laughing stock of the league, have been for years now.  Wasting one generational talent and letting the other walk to the other side of town.   There is no reputation to trash.

Id love to see us pick him up.

but alas, our owner is garbage  

Dodgers' minor league players are set to face the Asian Breeze in a game on March 10th in Glendale, Arizona. Bauer is expected to take the mound for the Asian Breeze, a traveling team based in Arizona that operates solely during the spring season, for approximately three innings. Bauer will be taking the mound due to his prior connection with the Asian Breeze manager. (Source in Japanese: Nikkan Sports, March 7th)

Link in Japanese: the Asian Breeze

Edited by FromJapan
I rewrote the text.

Partial English announcement of The Asian Breeze on March 7

Edited by FromJapan
(Japanese noon news) Akira Toriyama, creator of Dragon Ball and character designer of Dragon Quest, dies of acute subdural hematoma at age 68.