• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

Cultural change (to use a neutral term) activists use any and every such public controversy  to further their agenda. Generating immediate media attention. Which often obfuscates a fair, neutral assessment of the details without emotional bias.  

Not judging this specific case because each side is adamant with their narrative. 

In hockey junior player Logan Mailloux amongst others admitted having sexual relations with a teenage girl in Sweden a few years ago. He too was a teen. He was immediately punished when the story came out. It was his draft eligible year. Surprising everyone the Montreal Canadiens took him in the first round. And generated hysterical condemnation. But Mailloux went through rehabilitation, accepted his punishment. Now he is an elite prospect who just played his first game in the NHL. And most fans and media are now sympathetic and forgiving. The fact that he was a teen at the time is one factor the acceptance of his subsequent rehabilitation. 

17 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Cultural change (to use a neutral term) activists use any and every such public controversy  to further their agenda. Generating immediate media attention. Which often obfuscates a fair, neutral assessment of the details without emotional bias.  

Not judging this specific case because each side is adamant with their narrative. 

In hockey junior player Logan Mailloux amongst others admitted having sexual relations with a teenage girl in Sweden a few years ago. He too was a teen. He was immediately punished when the story came out. It was his draft igible year. Surprising everyone the Montreal Canadiens took him in the first round. And generated hysterical condemnation. But Mailloux went through rehabilitation, accepted his punishment. Now he is an elite prospect who just played his first game in the NHL. And most fans and media are now sympathetic and forgiving. The fact that he was a teen at the time is one factor the acceptance of his subsequent rehabilitation. 

Title IX - Athletes can play amid sexual misconduct inquiries - ESPN

Some intuitions seem to be learning. 

I don’t understand the fascination with Bauer. He’s made, according to Spotrac, over $100M in career earnings. That includes $23M last year when he didn’t even play. He’s not suffering. I imagine many of the people championing Bauer’s cause would agree that the world doesn’t owe you a living, right? They would also likely agree that a private employer can contract (or not) with whomever they choose, right? MLB and its member clubs have decided they don’t want to work with him any longer. It would seem they are well within their rights to do so. Otherwise the MLBPA and his agent would have filed a grievance ages ago.

I don’t want the Angels to sign Bauer because I think he’s an annoying ass dude.  It’s perfectly reasonable to assume others share that perception of him and it outweighs whatever they think he will bring to their team.  Kinda reminds me of how the Penguins basically had no choice but to trade Phil Kessel despite him being a great player while they were contending because Malkin said they had to pick between him or Phil

23 hours ago, Chuck said:

Marcel Ozuna was charged with a DUI & arrested in 2021 for aggravated assault strangulation & misdemeanor battery family violence charges. He was allegedly seen by police grabbing a woman’s neck & throwing her against a wall.

He was put on probation and suspended by MLB for 20 games. 

Time served. All is good. 

Yet, Trevor Bauer is still out of work, cleared of all charges. 

What gives?

Does Ozuna have a habit of pissing off his contemporaries to the extent that Bauer does?  I really don’t think with these types of cases the crimes (real or alleged) mean that much.  No one on the Browns seems to have an issue with being DeShaun Watson’s teammate.  The issue is entirely about weighing the potential value you bring to a team against the negative PR and locker room presence.  And it looks like with Bauer all 30 teams have decided the bad outweighs the good here

4 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

I don’t understand the fascination with Bauer. He’s made, according to Spotrac, over $100M in career earnings. That includes $23M last year when he didn’t even play. He’s not suffering. I imagine many of the people championing Bauer’s cause would agree that the world doesn’t owe you a living, right? They would also likely agree that a private employer can contract (or not) with whomever they choose, right? MLB and its member clubs have decided they don’t want to work with him any longer. It would seem they are well within their rights to do so. Otherwise the MLBPA and his agent would have filed a grievance ages ago.

Maybe some people have opinions about what’s right and wrong absent a look at how much money some has?

19 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

What about them? They did bad things, some went through legal punishment/restitution for their misdeeds, and teams/organizations ultimately felt it was worth bringing them back. Clearly, teams don't want Bauer back for whatever reason, even if it's just that they think he's a jackass and they don't feel like dealing with him. 

Some NFL teams probably could have benefited from having Kaepernick on their rosters. Were you crusading for him? Some MLB teams could probably benefit from having Brandon Belt (who as far as I know, hasn't been accused of anything). Are you crusading for him? Sometimes teams just don't wanna sign a guy. They don't owe anyone an explanation as to why. 

15 minutes ago, mmc said:

Brandon Belt is a hitter that can help 30 MLB teams.  Are you upset that he remains unsigned?

Pay attention.  Ha ha.

1 minute ago, cals said:

100%.

And as I’ve said before, it should be a warning to everyone how precarious your life that you think is so safe, so stable, actually is.  

This guy was falsely accused by criminals.  And he’s lost his career.  

Would it have been different if he was black or Latino?  I don’t know.  Seems like a maybe.

We have a white senior leader currently under investigation for creating a toxic workplace. No sexual or racial allegations were levied against him. However the command climate survey revealed his subordinates think he’s an asshole. He will get forced retirement. 

Same unit has a minority senior leader fucking the help and eventually marries her. Dude gets a special assignment with the us marshals. 

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don’t see any homophobia.

Hmm. Wonder why. 

8 hours ago, Kotchman said:

The reality is corporate America applies different rules for minorities, women, and homosexuals in today’s world.

17 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I’m all for employers discriminating based on sexual preferences. It’s disappointing that mlb views rough heterosexual sex deplorable while promoting homosexuality to an extreme. 
Why is him ramming it in a consenting woman worse than what mlb ambassador Billy Bean does nightly

20 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Yes if he would have choked a dude with his pecker, he’d have at least 2 aw votes for the all star team. 

Keep this fucking garbage off the main forum. Take it to the political forum.

Agreed, this shit should stay in the political forum. I think Taylor has had this told to him more times than anyone on this board.

that said, nothing homophobic about what you quoted. Having the opinion that some groups have preferential treatment isn’t phobic. Not relevant to the topic at hand though.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm so glad the open homophobia is back. That's what AW was missing.

A victim of sexual assault has been blackballed by MLB and you’re upset that KC wrote the word “homosexual”?

By the way, can we get an explanation as to why this post was deleted/hidden?

IMG_0694.jpeg

1 hour ago, cals said:

A victim of sexual assault has been blackballed by MLB and you’re upset that KC wrote the word “homosexual”?

By the way, can we get an explanation as to why this post was deleted/hidden?

IMG_0694.jpeg

Yes we all know KC is your second account on here. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

@Docwaukee must be sleeping in today. This whole page of posts will be deleted.

Yet you infect every thread with political nonsense and nothing happens to you or your BS.  Ironically that actually proves KC’s point.