• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

hawthorne police shoot guy's dog.

Oh for F's sake.  These cops really deserve to go home each and every night to dinner without being shot at, bitten, and who knows what else happens in godforsaken shiatholes like Hawthorne, Ca.

IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR DOG SHOT, KEEP CONTROL OF YOUR DOG.  ROLL OUT UP THE WINDOWS SO THE DOG CANT CLIMB OUT, AND ATTACK COPS

IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR DOG, ITS ON YOU.  NOT ON THE COPS.

OR, PERHAPS COPS SHOULD CONTROL THEIR F*CKING EGOS.

The guy was leaving.  Why not just let him go?

i think this was following protocol.

while im not a lawyer per se, its well known that if you are doing something completely legal like filming a cop, but you are rude to them they have the right to murder your pet and/or a shady second cousin.

i can double check the laws though.

Don't forget being handcuffed so you are forced to see your dog shot.

Looks like it was some sort of swat stand off. (Swat Bearcat on the street). So random guy not following orders to stay back can be detained legally. The search and cuffing is justified. As far as the dog, we all know he was trying to protect his owner, but how many dog bites to a cop (or any person for that matter) do you want to see before self defense is used? That officer did everything he could but if a dog that size attacks someone deadly force will always be justified.

It's a sad situation but this was not a trigger happy cop killing some innocent puppy.

taser and pepper spray against something trying to kill you? get real.

i think this was following protocol.

while im not a lawyer per se, its well known that if you are doing something completely legal like filming a cop, but you are rude to them they have the right to murder your pet and/or a shady second cousin.

i can double check the laws though.

I'm going to start using this.

This might be some of your best work dude.

taser and pepper spray against something trying to kill you? get real.

Oh please, it's a domesticated house dog, not the killer wolf from the Grey.  The cop wasn't Liam Neeson.  He was a poorly trained egomaniac who was completely incompetent under pressure.

Pulling out your firearm and shooting with innocent civilians 20 feet away?   At a dog?  This guy shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun.

When I went through the Police Academy, they taught us to defend ourselves from dogs and I don't remember shooting them ever being the first go to defense.  Pepper spray and tazers have the same effect on dogs as they do humans.

Big difference is.  When a human goes after you, you suffer some bruises.

When a dog goes after you, especially a dog that size, he can severely injure and kill in a blink.

Owner was an idiot, because from the cell phone sound, it sounds like he was told before hand to leave.  You can hear the guys in the background laughing at him that the cops are coming back to get him.  And when the cop has an assault rifle in hand, and there is an RV on site (Die Hard anyone), that means it's a highly dangerous situation.  

Don't blame the cops one bit for what they did.

When a dog goes after you, especially a dog that size, he can severely injure and kill in a blink.

Owner was an idiot, because from the cell phone sound, it sounds like he was told before hand to leave.  You can hear the guys in the background laughing at him that the cops are coming back to get him.  And when the cop has an assault rifle in hand, and there is an RV on site (Die Hard anyone), that means it's a highly dangerous situation.  

And the quarterback is toast!

the dog didnt go after or attack anyone.

you cant shoot a dog because he barked at you, or growled when you approach it and put your hand above its face.

they issue tasers and pepper spray for a reason.

the second that dog gets out of the car you pepper spray its ass and deal with the guy.

you dont pull your 9 and cap it on someone's lawn at noon because you're scared of a bark.

Bummer situation.  Dude was being an idiot and was begging for interaction at the absolute worst time.  Poor dog takes the brunt, but I don't fault the PD.  Maybe you could argue there were other responses, but not everyone responds the same no matter what the training (PD or otherwise).

Want me to have my wife send you her cookie recipe?

Nope, I don't feel like sending the cops cookies.

But I do believe they deserve the right to go home at night to a simple dinner with their families after a work day.

I love what I read on here.  A rotweiller, or similar type dog, freaking climbs out of the car window - it took a ton of effort to do it.  If a dog like that is that intent on getting out, what do you think it looks like he is planning to do?  Go smell some fire hydrant?  Turn on his back for someone to rub his belly?

I have seen a stun gun drop a dog twice that size in an instant.

I am watching the video.  The two guys are holding the suspect.  The cops are in a shiathole semi war zone, with other more pressing issues going on as well.

The dog sprints over and the 3rd cop, in a half second, pulls out his gun.  I know, nate, you are superhuman, and in that split second, you could have determined a better course of action.  The cop's first thought was self preservation.  Not everyone can have the instincts and 20/20 hindsight of you, nate, to decide that, despite a rottweiler sprinting over, you'd pull out the stun gun and subdue the animal gracefully.

Had the PD seen this dog coming from a distance and had time to make calculated decisions, maybe other methods could have been considered.  In that instance, I have no issue with an officer instinctively drawing his weapon and putting that dog down.

Bingo.  I just wrote the same thing, less succinctly.