• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

hawthorne police shoot guy's dog.

I have seen a stun gun drop a dog twice that size in an instant.

wonder where on those three cops you saw them equipped with a stun gun.  Police Stun guns are very large and bulky items.  

I am watching the video.  The two guys are holding the suspect.  The cops are in a shiathole semi war zone, with other more pressing issues going on as well.

The dog sprints over and the 3rd cop, in a half second, pulls out his gun.  I know, nate, you are superhuman, and in that split second, you could have determined a better course of action.  The cop's first thought was self preservation.  Not everyone can have the instincts and 20/20 hindsight of you, nate, to decide that, despite a rottweiler sprinting over, you'd pull out the stun gun and subdue the animal gracefully.

Assuming the cop even had a stun gun, which from the video doesn't look like they had.  Police stun guns are very different than a taser you may have in your purse.  

Yes because he wasn't aware of the dog until it sprinted at him?

If only the dog had some sort of audible way of announcing its presence.

The two arresting officers were probably aware of the dog.  The third one that came on the scene probably was not.  Because there wasn't anything else going on at the time that would cause all those police to be there in the first place.

Oh please, it's a domesticated house dog, not the killer wolf from the Grey.  The cop wasn't Liam Neeson.  He was a poorly trained egomaniac who was completely incompetent under pressure.

Pulling out your firearm and shooting with innocent civilians 20 feet away?   At a dog?  This guy shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun.

A giant rottweiler that is charging at you and taking bites is a domesticated house dog? Please. If it was a pitbull people would be singing a different tune. 

Yes because he wasn't aware of the dog until it sprinted at him?

If only the dog had some sort of audible way of announcing its presence.

Yes, all cops should be Batman.

I love all these guys on the message board, calling cops pussies and f*gs.  They'd be able to take care of suspects, whatever other SWAT issues are going on in the neighborhood, AND be able to juggle a stun gun, pepper spray and a gun, switching from one to another in milliseconds.

Then I see them on the Angelswin softball field.  Most can't play a hour's softball game without tearing something, or resting for the rest of the day.

But in the heat of the battle in Hawthorne, boy they'd know EXACTLY what to do.

Just got off the phone with a friend who has been LAPD for almost 20 years (ironically I met him playing softball) and is now a Sargent.  SOP is stun gun or pepper spray.  He said without watching the video that there are instances where they would shoot the dog if immediately threatened.

So that doesn't really solve anything.

I still think that the cops had to be aware of the dog seeing as it is barking really loud.  Also the people that get seriously injured by dogs are usually young or old women alone in a park, not a cop surrounded by several other cops.  Total overreaction IMO.

Just got off the phone with a friend who has been LAPD for almost 20 years (ironically I met him playing softball) and is now a Sargent.  SOP is stun gun or pepper spray.  He said without watching the video that there are instances where they would shoot the dog if immediately threatened.

So that doesn't really solve anything.

I still think that the cops had to be aware of the dog seeing as it is barking really loud.  Also the people that get seriously injured by dogs are usually young or old women alone in a park, not a cop surrounded by several other cops.  Total overreaction IMO.

This thread is actually good entertainment...  It's always funny to read the "expert opinions" here about tactics, size/use of tazers, etc.

First off as a dog-lover, that was tough to watch.  But, the owner is solely responsible for the dogs death.  As soon as he starts walking the perimeter with that dog, he's another threat to distract the Officers.

Your friend (the Sergeant) should have told you that SOP is finishing a shift in one piece.  I've never taken the "non-lethal self-defense from dogs course" though.  Those tools you talk about don't always have the desired effect, even when they are working correctly (on dogs, or humans).  Watching the video, I saw an Officer resort to the deadly force of his pistol after the dog jumped-up on him trying to bite him.  

"Young or old women" get seriously injured because they don't have the means of a firearm to protect themselves.  But, sorry, it's not just young/old women falling victim to aggressive dogs.

Hilarious!

...But, go ahead and call your mom next-time you need a problem solved.  Another lose-lose situation; where was the student with the "box" to put over the squirrel?!  Oh yeah, that solution came two days later.

Nope, I don't feel like sending the cops cookies.

But I do believe they deserve the right to go home at night to a simple dinner with their families after a work day.

I love what I read on here. A rotweiller, or similar type dog, freaking climbs out of the car window - it took a ton of effort to do it. If a dog like that is that intent on getting out, what do you think it looks like he is planning to do? Go smell some fire hydrant? Turn on his back for someone to rub his belly?

And I believe receptionists shouldn't get carpal tunnel, everyone should tip 20%, and Joe the plumber shouldn't have to fix water lines that have shit in them.

These fields should too deserve the right to go home for a Banquet salisbury steak dinner.

If the cop would have used a taser or pepper spray the dog would have backed off.

What's interesting about these two videos is that in video #1, the officer being attacked draws his pistol and readies himself to shoot the dog.  He is fortunate to have been able to buy the animal a few seconds by kicking it, which allowed the second officer NOT immediately under attack to taze the animal.  This is not similar to the Hawthorne incident, where 2 of the 3 officers are restraining the perp.  The officer that has the rott lunge at him does similarly draw his pistol to shoot the animal but unfortunately there is no second officer standing at the ready with the tazer.  IMO the tazed animal in video #1 is lucky that there was a second officer at the scene with nothing to distract him.

In video #2, those dogs were clearly pepper sprayed, but the viewing length of the video is too short/poorly edited to ascertain the potential variables that allowed the officer to choose that course of action.

Didn't need to watch this but did. Terrible incident but the owner of that dog is an asshole, would have been easier to watch if he was shot and not the dog. 

I am one that is very suspect of police actions but I do not see how anyone can blame them for this. Sure you can use a stun gun or whatnot but this could have all been avoided if the owner of the dog was a decent human being. 

haha, restraining the perp.

Dude walked back and even got in position to be cuffed. One officer was fine and was going to cuff him while the other did that dickhead thing of lifting his arms like he was resisting and needed back up.

I still say everyone involved is a dickhead. But moreso the cops should have let some dbag walk away like he did. Especially with peeps sitting on the curb. Let's leave the potential real criminals alone to arrest so idiot with a cell phone.

It seems like he was asked numerous times to step back. He is the only one that close up, everyone else is on the other side of the intersection. He asked to be messed with by the police. The way he put himself in a position to be frisked would lead me to believe that he knew it was coming hence why the dog was put in the car. i also don't really buy the idea that the dog is just protecting its owner. I have had many dogs in my lifetime and I can't imagine a single one acting in such a way. 

Let me ask this. Say you are out running the neighborhood with your dog when a loose dog comes running at you. What would your reaction honestly be? i had this happen recently and let me tell you, its pretty damn frightening and I wish I had something more than my foot and hands to fight it off. There comes a point where you gotta say **** the dog. 

The owner of the dog forced the outcome, not the police. 

Dude, that happened to the lady I won't name here's mom last night! Some bulldog roaming the street attacked her dog while out on a run. Luckily, she had help from someone on the street.

Any time a black dude says civil rights I automatically think they are guilty.