• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

hawthorne police shoot guy's dog.

Agreed.  That sucks to have to shoot the dogs who are only protecting their home.

But, this one occurred for a couple of reasons.  It looks like a pretty old video, and may have been shot before this department was mandated to have an alternate plan to deal with dogs.  These plans usually provide for an Officer or two to be taser-equipped (or less-lethal beanbag shotgun, or net/blanket).

Also, when the SWAT Team gets tasked with serving a warrant it's because there is a serious threat to Officer-safety;  like an armed/fortified drug house, shooting/murder suspect, gang-related suspects, or history of weapons-use and violence.

The guy was obviously and idoit. I just wish the cops would have tried non lethal force is all.

It's just ironic how cops have the right to kill any dog that poses a threat to them, but if a suspect (fearing for HIS life) happens to kill a K-9 that was biting or mauling him, he's automatically charged with killing a peace officer.

Here's another ridiculous incident that hasn't been getting any attention.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_23511786/el-monte-family-outraged-over-police-shooting-pet

When I went through the Police Academy, they taught us to defend ourselves from dogs and I don't remember shooting them ever being the first go to defense.  Pepper spray and tazers have the same effect on dogs as they do humans.

I've peppered sprayed dogs in the field and it is pretty effective. It should have been considered an option.

It's just ironic how cops have the right to kill any dog that poses a threat to them, but if a suspect (fearing for HIS life) happens to kill a K-9 that was biting or mauling him, he's automatically charged with killing a peace officer.

Here's another ridiculous incident that hasn't been getting any attention.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_23511786/el-monte-family-outraged-over-police-shooting-pet

They're called laws; you should look them up... Or try calling 912 next time.

It is right though. If you are being attacked by a police dog who is trying to put you into submission and you resist and then kill the dog by shooting him, you should get charged. That is not the same as a police officer getting attacked by a suspect's dog.

I am sure when you are being bitten and held you have no fear for your life that the dog was trained properly and will not take it to the next level. Like pouring over 100 bullets into a pickup truck because a 70 year old Hispanic grandmother was fitting the description of a 250lb black man. It's all about quality training.

What?

I am sure when you are being bitten and held you have no fear for your life that the dog was trained properly and will not take it to the next level. Like pouring over 100 bullets into a pickup truck because a 70 year old Hispanic grandmother was fitting the description of a 250lb black man. It's all about quality training.

Also, when the SWAT Team gets tasked with serving a warrant it's because there is a serious threat to Officer-safety;  like an armed/fortified drug house, shooting/murder suspect, gang-related suspects, or history of weapons-use and violence.

Don't forget sleeping families.  Few things pose a threat to officer safety like a sleeping family.

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/SWAT-Team-Raids-Wrong-Home--173164961.html