• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Rendon be back soon?

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I really hope he proves us all wrong but I don't see it. 

You can say what you want about Albert Pujols, the guy was literally a broken down 'machine' during the last half of his contract with the Angels, but dude suited up and played through injuries and tried to produce when in the lineup. 

Anthony Rendon just isn't cut from the same cloth as Albert and others who put team ahead of nursing their owies from the sidelines.  

This has been pretty obvious since 2021 or so.

3 hours ago, REDneck said:

Obviously..that's a mans leg!

3 hours ago, Jason said:

image.jpegI just texted him for an update and this is what he sent me. 

This was my intended post, just didn't have that extra minute for a google search at the time.

Good job!

By comparison, Gehrig:

During the streak sportswriters in 1931 nicknamed Gehrig "the Iron Horse".[20] In a few instances, Gehrig managed to keep the streak intact through pinch-hitting appearances and fortuitous timing; in others, the streak continued despite injuries. For example:

• On April 23, 1933, a pitch by Washington Senators pitcher Earl Whitehill struck Gehrig in the head. Although almost knocked unconscious, Gehrig remained in the game.
  • On June 14, 1933, Gehrig was ejected from a game, along with manager Joe McCarthy, but he had already been at bat.
  • In a June 1934 exhibition game, Gehrig was hit by a pitch just above the right eye and was knocked unconscious. According to news reports, he was out for five minutes. Batting helmets were not commonly used until the 1940s. He left the game, but was in the lineup the next day.[49]
  • On July 13, 1934, Gehrig suffered a "lumbago attack" and had to be assisted off the field. In the next day's away game, he was listed in the lineup as "shortstop", batting lead-off. In his first and only plate appearance, he singled and was promptly replaced by a pinch runner to rest his throbbing back, never taking the field. A&E's Biography speculated that this illness, which he also described as "a cold in his back", might have been the first symptom of his debilitating disease.[50]

In addition, x-rays taken late in his life disclosed that Gehrig had sustained several fractures during his playing career, although he remained in the lineup despite those previously undisclosed injuries.[51]

(from Wikipedia)

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Rendon strikes me as one of the biggest snowflakes in the MLB.

There was a whiff of that when he was in the Nationals minor-league system his first season or two - they were clearly frustrated with him, to the point I thought maybe we could try a "buy-low" trade for him.

But whatever frustration the Nats had with him, they kinda got over, obviously -  but still I sensed there was always a little bit of distance there.