• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Rendon be back soon?

2 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Much more bummed that Urshela is out than Rendone

the way this season has gone, urshela was certainly a more integral part for sure. the angels were winning without rendon, they were winning with urshela and have  been losing without him. 

i expected, and said so here somewhere, that rendon would be the come back player of the year. unfortunately, that hasn't happened.

Personally, I don't think Rendon is particularly necessary at this current juncture.  He is slightly above replacement level.  He has had a 700 OPS for 3 years now when healthy.  His defense has declined.

I am okay with a rotation of Moose, Rengifo, and Escobar at 3B, with Moose and Cabbage (and probably Drury once he returns) occupying 1B.  Rendon does not add much to this team in his current form.