• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's entering purchase agreement for stadium site in Las Vegas to build $1.5 billion stadium opening in 2027

mmc

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I wonder if the fans in Oakland will now stop attending games.

If they believe that attendance had tanked before, just wait. The AAA Aviators were already consistently outdrawing the parent club. It remains to be seen what happens with the AAA team. There has been speculation that they will continue to operate, just as we have a minor league hockey team here as well as the Golden Knights.

This finally ends the "parallel paths" nonsense that we have heard for a couple of years.

The stadium will definitely be either a dome or a retractable roof. The same issues that exist in Phoenix exist here, and their solution was the same. I have been to outdoor games here in July, and it can be oppressive.

Finally.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I wonder what happens to the 51's/Aviators.

Las Vegas can't support a AAA and a Major League team, even if the minor league team is in Summerlin.

Fresno get their AAA team back? Lancaster getting their A ball team back?

9 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I wonder what happens to the 51's/Aviators.

Las Vegas can't support a AAA and a Major League team, even if the minor league team is in Summerlin.

Fresno get their AAA team back? Lancaster getting their A ball team back?

We support two hockey teams. It's a good outlet for those who can't afford Golden Knights tickets.

My fear with the A's is that ticket brokers will snap up everything that doesn't go to season ticket holders, and they will charge premium prices.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

The A's have been screwing their fans for years.  This isn't a surprise.

The funny thing is LV is actually a small market and it will allow the A's to continue to benefit from revenue sharing. The TV market is small too... Salt Lake City's TV market is bigger.

That franchise will have gone from Philadelphia to Kansas City to Oakland to LV.

People will argue that LV is a destination city and fans from Chicago, Cleveland or wherever will plan trips to LV when their teams play there.  Well, LV isn't much of a destination city in the summer....

I hate the A's, so all this is kind of funny to me.

Vegas isn't much of a destination city in summer?

Put down the crack pipe.  There is something called air conditioning. 

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Vegas isn't much of a destination city in summer?

Put down the crack pipe.  There is something called air conditioning. 

I actually heard that from ike Ferrin on MLB Network Radio.  He mentioned that today.

Just now, T.G. said:

I actually heard that from ike Ferrin on MLB Network Radio.  He mentioned that today.

33 million people visit Vegas annually.  They all don't come during the winter months.  Vegas is very busy during the Summer.

You can't play baseball outside in Vegas during the summer.  However, any new ball park would have retractable rood.

Also, Salt Lake metro area is 1.2 million.  Vegas is about 2.2 million with about another 33 million visitors annually.

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

33 million people visit Vegas annually.  They all don't come during the winter months.  Vegas is very busy during the Summer.

You can't play baseball outside in Vegas during the summer.  However, any new ball park would have retractable rood.

Also, Salt Lake metro area is 1.2 million.  Vegas is about 2.2 million with about another 33 million visitors annually.

Hey... you lived there.  I'll take your word for it.  I understand they'll have a partially retractable roof - whatever that means.

As for SLC - that too came from Mike Ferrin.

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

SALT LAKE CITY DMA is number 34 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 916,960 and an average income $58,735 and a median income $56,383.

The Las Vegas DMA is comprised of 3 counties. 3 in Nevada. LAS VEGAS DMA is number 40 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 757,840 and an average income $35,951 and a median income $52,971.

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

Hey... you lived there.  I'll take your word for it.  I understand they'll have a partially retractable roof - whatever that means.

As for SLC - that too came from Mike Ferrin.

Mike Ferrin must be an idiot.

What surprises me is the location.  It's will be too long of a walk from the major hotels.  Might be close enough fir NY NY or MGM Grand Resort.   

The article said they may want a pedestrian bridge but Vegas in the summer is does not make a half mile or 3/4 quarter Mike's walk pleasant.

I keep reading stuff like this...

What is the off season for Las Vegas?
Low season (June to August) is the cheapest (but hottest) time to visit. With temperatures regularly entering triple digits, summers in Las Vegas are sweltering.

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

SALT LAKE CITY DMA is number 34 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 916,960 and an average income $58,735 and a median income $56,383.

The Las Vegas DMA is comprised of 3 counties. 3 in Nevada. LAS VEGAS DMA is number 40 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 757,840 and an average income $35,951 and a median income $52,971.

I am curious how they come to their rankings.

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I keep reading stuff like this...

What is the off season for Las Vegas?
Low season (June to August) is the cheapest (but hottest) time to visit. With temperatures regularly entering triple digits, summers in Las Vegas are sweltering.

As I said.  Air conditioning.  Most vegas activity in the summer is indoors.  Back in the 80s, nighttime was pleasant outside with temperatures in 80s.  However the past decade or so the nighttime temperatures have risen.

Temperatures in July and early August drop as their becomes a lot of cloud coverage that comes with monsoons season in the majors desert.