• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's entering purchase agreement for stadium site in Las Vegas to build $1.5 billion stadium opening in 2027

mmc

20 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

The A’s will pay no rent for their three or four seasons at Sutter Health Park. Sacramento won’t even get their city name on any of the gear or the media. The team will just be Athletics. Lots of people will lose their jobs because the team will just use Kings current staff. Just billionaires helping out billionaires.

It all comes down to the Coliseum area being an absolute pile of shit. Nobody wants to go to a game in that area. 

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

It all comes down to the Coliseum area being an absolute pile of shit. Nobody wants to go to a game in that area. 

I get what you’re saying, but I genuinely feel that if the team is good, the rest matters a whole lot less. People talk about how bad Dodger Stadium is, how violent it has become there, and how hard it is to get there (it is). Yet, they have no trouble selling it out. I’ve been to Yankee Stadium before this most recent buildout. It smelled like urine and trash. It was packed on a midweek day game against a mediocre CLE team. The Coliseum abuts a BART station, so there’s no need to even be “in the area.” Just take the train directly to and from the stadium like they do in NYC and SF. It comes down to an ownership that commits to marketing the team effectively and partnering with local businesses and the community. Plus, you have to put a product on the field that people will pay to see. In their history, the A’s have only had one (!) owner who did those things: Walter Haas. From 1980-1994, the A’s drew every well and maintained a very competitive roster. No one before or since ever did, not even Finley. I think disinterested ownership has always been their problem.

28 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I get what you’re saying, but I genuinely feel that if the team is good, the rest matters a whole lot less. People talk about how bad Dodger Stadium is, how violent it has become there, and how hard it is to get there (it is). Yet, they have no trouble selling it out. I’ve been to Yankee Stadium before this most recent buildout. It smelled like urine and trash. It was packed on a midweek day game against a mediocre CLE team. The Coliseum abuts a BART station, so there’s no need to even be “in the area.” Just take the train directly to and from the stadium like they do in NYC and SF. It comes down to an ownership that commits to marketing the team effectively and partnering with local businesses and the community. Plus, you have to put a product on the field that people will pay to see. In their history, the A’s have only had one (!) owner who did those things: Walter Haas. From 1980-1994, the A’s drew every well and maintained a very competitive roster. No one before or since ever did, not even Finley. I think disinterested ownership has always been their problem.

They may have changed things but from what I recall, BART does not come that close to the Giants stadium. I want to say the nearest is 1.5-2 miles away, although I think they have a shuttle service from BART to the stadium. It does have a ferry that can drop you off/pick you up and take you to the North Bay which is how I have typically gone to Giants games. I could be incorrect here though as an Angels fan, I typically go to A's games over the Giants.

6 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

They may have changed things but from what I recall, BART does not come that close to the Giants stadium. I want to say the nearest is 1.5-2 miles away, although I think they have a shuttle service from BART to the stadium. It does have a ferry that can drop you off/pick you up and take you to the North Bay which is how I have typically gone to Giants games. I could be incorrect here though as an Angels fan, I typically go to A's games over the Giants.

Yes, you are correct. There are game day shuttles from the station to Oracle Park.