• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's entering purchase agreement for stadium site in Las Vegas to build $1.5 billion stadium opening in 2027

mmc

On 5/9/2023 at 10:08 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

According to a state legislator, the team never advanced anything concrete to vote on, so they are going to a less expensive alternative.

I'm trying to imagine Strip traffic on a game day weekend. I was hoping that they would stay on the west side of I-15.

How would it be different than a Knights game?

Local media is reporting that the language has been finalized for the funding bill, and it will be filed on Monday. Governor Lombardo has said that he wants it passed, and it has bipartisan support.

Changing the site isn't that big of a deal. Going to the Tropicana site just reduces the amount of bond money needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 11:58 PM, Tank said:

here's a drone shot of where they'll play until the new stadium is built.

images-3.jpg

On 5/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Beautiful

On 5/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, Lou said:

Better than Oakland.

On 5/14/2023 at 12:00 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

It’s really not fair to compare such masterful feats of architecture and engineering.

…and yet that field looks better than the actual drawings they just released. The new park looks absolutely atrocious. It retains all of the terrible qualities of the Coliseum. There’s TONS of foul territory and circular decks. What the hell are they thinking? It’s the Coliseum without Mt. Davis + a roof.

They should go with a modified version of the scrapped Cisco Field. That had the potential to be one of the best parks in the league. It was beautiful.

Idiots.

There have been a lot of different illustrations of a potential stadium. None of them are accurate, because the stadium hasn't been designed yet.

It has been reiterated that the Aviators are staying put when the parent club arrives. It will be like the situation with the Golden Knights. Being called up (or sent down) will be an Uber ride away.

• 10 months later...

As an Angels fan that live 1.5 miles away from the stadium, I love that I will be able to attend 9 games a season for 3 years after work. Also, this now at least puts Sacramento in the conversation for an expansion team, something that they have not been considered for prior to this move. They have the billionaire owner lined up this time in Vivek, unlike in MLS where the billionaire backed out because of Covid. This is to say that I am thrilled that this is happening.

I just can’t revel in this the way others seem to. I remember when it came out 20 years ago that the Angels were among the final four options for MLB to contract, just eliminate, because reasons. As part of the plan, the A’s would have then been relocated to Anaheim. I was still living in LA at the time, and I was stunned that that could have happened, and the Angels would never have had the chance to win a World Series. The A’s fans have been jerked around for decades by people who can afford to write a check for a new stadium, but want our tax money for it instead. The billionaires want us to pay for their sandboxes as well as tickets to enter those sandboxes we paid to construct. It’s disgusting. The city and Fisher were $97M apart in getting the Howard Terminal stadium built 10 years ago, $97M on a 30-year lease. That’s less than the cost of a journeyman MIF per year. And Fisher said no because he wants a sweetheart deal where the public will pay for it through legislation. He knows, as more and more owners are finding out, that voters won’t approve this stuff. In fact, voters in Jackson County just rejected a sales tax extension to pay for the Royals and Chiefs stadium projects. And now the Cheifs are talking about possible relocation, because of course… No, I can’t revel in this. It almost happened to my favorite team already, and it definitely can at a later date.