• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's entering purchase agreement for stadium site in Las Vegas to build $1.5 billion stadium opening in 2027

mmc

21 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I hate the A's and I've never been a fan of their fan base, but I do feel bad for them. The A's ownership has treated A's fans like crap for years.  The fact they have any fans at all is kind of puzzling.

One of the great ironies here is Fisher, with his dad, put together the investment group that kept the Giants from leaving SF for Tampa in ‘92.

44 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

One of the great ironies here is Fisher, with his dad, put together the investment group that kept the Giants from leaving SF for Tampa in ‘92.

The A's also relinquished the previously neutral rights to the San Jose area to assist in the Giants landing a new stadium. When the A's later tried to reverse that decision to assist in their own new stadium deal, the Giants gave them the middle finger.

So who will get a stadium first?  Oakland A's, or Phoenix Coyotes.  Both resorting to playing in a tiny stadium, while their stadium situation gets sorted out.  Really, we could add the Tampa Bay Rays and Angels to the conversation.  I really still don't know who's going to pay for the A's stadium in Las Vegas.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

That’s why the Raiders and the A’s went about it through legislative action: to avoid the voters. It’s the slimiest part of the political machine. It’s just back room dealings with kickbacks for the power players involved. It’s a boondoggle. All of these public stadium projects are.

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So who will get a stadium first?  Oakland A's, or Phoenix Coyotes.  Both resorting to playing in a tiny stadium, while their stadium situation gets sorted out.  Really, we could add the Tampa Bay Rays and Angels to the conversation.  I really still don't know who's going to pay for the A's stadium in Las Vegas.

I would guess the Coyotes as long as they win the land auction in June. They plan to pay for the land and the full construction themselves, which would likely make the process quicker. It’s estimated to cost about $2.5B, and shows these guys can pay for their sandboxes themselves. Most just want a handout.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/coyotes-announce-plan-build-privately-funded-arena-2024-04-05/

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Sad thing is, they both will have one before the Angels. 

It won't be long before Angel Stadium starts looking like the Coliseum. 

6 minutes ago, James said:

Sad thing is, they both will have one before the Angels. 

It won't be long before Angel Stadium starts looking like the Coliseum. 

I don't get the ragging on Angel Stadium. Last time I was there in 2022 it was fine, it's still a beautiful ballpark.

Dodger Stadium is 4 years older, and you don't hear anyone complaining about that ballpark.

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

I don't get the ragging on Angel Stadium. Last time I was there in 2022 it was fine, it's still a beautiful ballpark.

Dodger Stadium is 4 years older, and you don't hear anyone complaining about that ballpark.

Dodger stadium has had much more extensive renovations. Walk the two and they are night and day.

Angel Stadium is okay but should okay be good enough? Its showing its years at this point and you aren't seeing all the underlying issues and restrictions that a 50 plus year old stadium has.

9 minutes ago, James said:

Dodger stadium has had much more extensive renovations. Walk the two and they are night and day.

Angel Stadium is okay but should okay be good enough? Its showing its years at this point and you aren't seeing all the underlying issues and restrictions that a 50 plus year old stadium has.

As fun as it is to rag on Chavez Latrine, once you navigate the parking mess and get into the ballpark, it's a beautiful venue to watch baseball. It's been a while since I've been, so I'm not sure if they've done away with the urinal troughs in the men's restrooms.

22 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

So why can't the Angels do the same?

Nobody said they couldn't. The amount it would take may make a new stadium an easier option at the end of the day. The Dodgers really don't have an option to build a new one unless they moved downtown etc. Thats much more difficult for them it would seem. 

16 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

So why can't the Angels do the same?

For starters, the Dodgers spent the $100M on renovations themselves. It’s probably faster that way. With the Angels it’s been more complicated. Over the last 20 years, Angel Stadium has had about $50M in renovations, with the city footing $12M of that. It’s probably harder to get renovations done if the team and a civic entity need to figure out who’s paying for them.

The A’s will pay no rent for their three or four seasons at Sutter Health Park. Sacramento won’t even get their city name on any of the gear or the media. The team will just be Athletics. Lots of people will lose their jobs because the team will just use Kings current staff. Just billionaires helping out billionaires.