• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's entering purchase agreement for stadium site in Las Vegas to build $1.5 billion stadium opening in 2027

mmc

22 minutes ago, T.G. said:

SALT LAKE CITY DMA is number 34 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 916,960 and an average income $58,735 and a median income $56,383.

The Las Vegas DMA is comprised of 3 counties. 3 in Nevada. LAS VEGAS DMA is number 40 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 757,840 and an average income $35,951 and a median income $52,971.

That population figure for here is way off. They honestly believe that there are 1.4 million people here without televisions?

17 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

That population figure for here is way off. They honestly believe that there are 1.4 million people here without televisions?

No.  Nielsen's "TV household" metric simply means a location/home that has at least one TV.  Each "TV household" represents an average of a little over 2.5 people.

Just now, Vegas Halo Fan said:

OK.

Still find it odd that they believe that two-thirds of the population here don't have televisions.

That's not what it means:

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

No.  Nielsen's "TV household" metric simply means a location/home that has at least one TV.  Each "TV household" represents an average of a little over 2.5 people.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Thanks for explaining that. I still don't get how they believe that the Salt Lake market is a bigger TV market, when we have half again the population.

42 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I keep reading stuff like this...

What is the off season for Las Vegas?
Low season (June to August) is the cheapest (but hottest) time to visit. With temperatures regularly entering triple digits, summers in Las Vegas are sweltering.

I'd actually disagree with that.  June to August is a pretty busy time in Vegas since it's summer vacation and it's tourist city, plus it's pool season.  Usually I find early to mid December to be their low and cheapest time.  

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Thanks for explaining that. I still don't get how they believe that the Salt Lake market is a bigger TV market, when we have half again the population.

Look at the photo I posted, LV tv market is limited to the Southern part of the state whereas SLC's includes the entirety of Utah, and parts of Nevada, Idaho, and Wyoming

5 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You keep using the word "believe" as if they're just making up stuff.  It's all about how things are defined.  The Salt Lake media market covers 38 counties across three states in addition to Utah.  The Vegas one covers three counties. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'd actually disagree with that.  June to August is a pretty busy time in Vegas since it's summer vacation and it's tourist city, plus it's pool season.  Usually I find early to mid December to be their low and cheapest time.  

I'm not arguing anything here.  Just talking about what I heard.  I actually don't care all that much.  It's interesting in some respect, but at the end of the day, I still say F the A's.

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Summer is pool season.  They should take a page from the Diamondbacks and have the outfield just level upon level of pools and beach chairs.  

And DJ's, dont forget the DJ's. Good thing is this will still be an improvement over the drums in Oakland. Losing the drums is the biggest win I thought and then I remembered the Knights have a drumline already so now those guys get to work most of the year.....

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Well, if you pull in from a 500 mile radius...

If I rember right.  But I think Vegas was claimed by the Doggies, Angels, and Giants as their territory.  Doggies might have claimed all the way up to Salt Lake City.  

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Well, if you pull in from a 500 mile radius...

Again, you're framing this as if Nielsen is pulling some sort of a scam or they're out to get Vegas.  Media markets are defined by a combination of population and geography that creates the most effective/efficient means of distributing broadcast media.  There are large swaths of, say, Idaho where there's not enough of a population to make it financially feasible for TV and radio stations to exist--so those areas are serviced by media in other cities, such as Salt Lake City.  That's all the DMAs are: a way of calculating the reach of broadcast media to help in setting advertising rates.  There's no conspiracy here.

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again, you're framing this as if Nielsen is pulling some sort of a scam or they're out to get Vegas.  Media markets are defined by a combination of population and geography that create the most effective/efficient means of distributing broadcast media.  There are large swaths of, say, Idaho where there's not enough of a population to make it financially feasible for TV and radio stations to exist--so those areas are serviced by media in other cities, such as Salt Lake City.  That's all the DMAs are: a way of calculating the reach of broadcast media to help in setting advertising rates.  There's no conspiracy here.

lol @ tv markets. What is this 1962?

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If I rember right.  But I think Vegas was claimed by the Doggies, Angels, and Giants as their territory.  Doggies might have claimed all the way up to Salt Lake City.  

A crazy amount of teams claim Vegas, I think all 5 California teams and the Diamondbacks do, and Utah is currently Diamondbacks and Rockies