• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's entering purchase agreement for stadium site in Las Vegas to build $1.5 billion stadium opening in 2027

mmc

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Traditional TV viewership and radio listenership is obviously lower than it was in previous years, but ratings still matter when determining advertising rates--so not sure why you're "lol'ing."

Just like I don't know why you are so serious? 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I'm just stating facts and explaining things for people who don't seem to know what they're talking about.

In all seriousness, I would imagine by 2027 the way games are consumed at home will have continued to modernize to a point to where it wont be looked at by market such as they currently do. If people all over the country and world are streaming Yankees games is their market really only their specific market? I would say, no. It also changes they type of advertisers you may attract or not attract to some degree. 

1 minute ago, James said:

In all seriousness, I would imagine by 2027 the way games are consumed at home will have continued to modernize to a point to where it wont be looked at by market such as they currently do. If people all over the country and world are streaming Yankees games is their market really only their specific market? I would say, no. It also changes they type of advertisers you may attract or not attract to some degree. 

Why are you so serious?

2 minutes ago, James said:

I don't disagree with you.  I've only been referencing what the actual definition of a media market/DMA is and how/why it's currently used.  A few folks in this thread didn't seem to know or understand. (Side note: I was a senior exec at a company that used to be owned by Nielsen, so I unfortunately know more about this stuff than I care to, quite honestly.  Ha...)

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If I rember right.  But I think Vegas was claimed by the Doggies, Angels, and Giants as their territory.  Doggies might have claimed all the way up to Salt Lake City.  

14 minutes ago, mmc said:

A crazy amount of teams claim Vegas, I think all 5 California teams and the Diamondbacks do, and Utah is currently Diamondbacks and Rockies

Yeah. We're in a six team blackout area.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

SALT LAKE CITY DMA is number 34 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 916,960 and an average income $58,735 and a median income $56,383.

The Las Vegas DMA is comprised of 3 counties. 3 in Nevada. LAS VEGAS DMA is number 40 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2023, TV Household population of 757,840 and an average income $35,951 and a median income $52,971.

I would imagine that the LV television market (as far as MLB is concerned) might include us here in northern NV as well, so probably the entire state (although I believe that 70-75% of the state's population lives in Clark Co).

Since the lease runs out in 2024, we can expect the A's to play in the AAA park for the 2025 and 2026 seasons before getting their new park in 2027. 

That means, get ready for offensive explosions from that organization that would make a fan in Colorado blush. The ball absolutely flies in Vegas, almost as much as it does in Reno. 

Hopefully, come 2027 they'll build a park that can negate those environmental factors. 

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Their president also announced they have an agreement to share Las Vegas Ballpark with the Aviators as a temporary home

I expected this, but it doesn't answer the question of when. I assume when the lease runs out on the Coliseum.

2 hours ago, mmc said:

This is ironic, because Jackson was tied to a group who wanted to buy the A's and move them to Las Vegas about 15-20 years ago.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Their president also announced they have an agreement to share Las Vegas Ballpark with the Aviators as a temporary home

They're going to play outside for 2 years?

Who's going to sit in the stands in that heat?

I would have to assume that there will only be night games

49 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I'm going to miss imagining what it's like to be in prison as I walked from BART to the Coliseum to watch the Angels play the A's.

BART Pedestrian Bridge To the Oakland Coliseum Editorial Stock Photo -  Image of adventure, capitol: 146063058

I worked in several prisons over the years, and this gives you a pretty good feel of it, TBH. In fact, some of them felt less like a prison than this.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan