• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon with some fire!

Biergott

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sometimes you just do what you think you should do and yes, you have to accept the consequences.

But you don’t always have to craft your behavior out of fear of others opinions of what you do or the consequences.

A difficult balance, but in this case the consequences are not just on Rendon.  He messed up, but hopefully Nevin uses this to focus the team and suggests a way to deal with the consequences.  By that I mean fan’s reactions at games and on social media.

53 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I can see both sides. A suspension isn’t great for the team and this will cost him money. On the flip side, money isn’t a concern for him. He probably should have landed a better shot and got his money’s worth. Ty Cobb was a decent ball player and he didn’t take shit from fans. 

Totally different times with Cobb. He was at Angel home opener in 1961 

Of course guys are blowing this team meeting thing out of proportion, no surprise there. I’d bet my left nut that the “team meeting” was simply to tell the players the fans will be even worse today than Thursday and to stay focused and beat the shift out of the A’s on the field. End of meeting.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Of course guys are blowing this team meeting thing out of proportion, no surprise there. I’d bet my left nut that the “team meeting” was simply to tell the players the fans will be even worse today than Thursday and to stay focused and beat the shift out of the A’s on the field. End of meeting.  

No need: it's against the rules now, Strad!

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

201750173_201750173-ea0b78552716481abaae

Twice.

I didn't have a problem with this one.  To me this is completely different.  Dude came at him and his colleagues aggressively with the threat of physical violence.  

The inability for people to be able to see a difference between these two incidents is part of the reason why the world is burning to the ground.

Some drunk dude idiot with no life calls me a bitch as I leaving a bar, so what.  My life is great and I'm too smart to let the word 'bitch' screw it up because I might be able to beat him up. 

Some dude comes at me and my friends or family with the threat of violence then he's going on his back.    

If I'm soft because I don't escalate a situation from non-violent to violent because someone called me a mean word then so be it.  Frankly, I think that just makes me smart.  

Winkler didn't come at Rendon, he went towards the dugout. It is a high level of stupidity on Rendon's part to come out of the dugout, leading the charge, with a fucking cast on his surgically repaired wrist. This is just retard level and he got his ass suspended for that, along with other players and coaches that had to defend him. 

You guys missinterpret the difference between showing competitive fire and being a stupid asshole. 

6 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I didn't have a problem with this one.  To me this is completely different.  Dude came at him and his colleagues aggressively with the threat of physical violence.  

The inability for people to be able to see a difference between these two incidents is part of the reason why the world is burning to the ground.

Some drunk dude idiot with no life calls me a bitch as I leaving a bar, so what.  My life is great and I'm too smart to let the word 'bitch' screw it up because I might be able to beat him up. 

Some dude comes at me and my friends or family with the threat of violence then he's going on his back.    

If I'm soft because I don't escalate a situation from non-violent to violent because someone called me a mean word then so be it.  Frankly, I think that just makes me smart.  

You would think professional athletes are used to the insults they hear at road games. I’m not sure why this one triggered him so much