• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Latest on Angels sale

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And letting Jeremy Reed go

Replacing Reed and hiring a minor league hitting coordinator suggested to me that he has essentially overhauled the organization's approach to hitting.  There are probably some other smaller moves related to that too, although I'm not aware of other hirings / firings this offseason.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

What I wonder though is would Perry see that as a demotion, if we specifically bring someone to "oversee" operations above him?  He would essentially be going from the top decision maker to the second.

Or do you mean in the same way Kasten is with the Dodgers and "oversees" Friedman (i.e., part-owner and president, but not actually making the baseball decisions)?

I think he’d roll with it.  Someone above you is not a problem except for big choices.  Perry I think has his team in place, I’m no expert but looks like he’s done well. I’d extend him a year for sure if I was the president of baseball operations, as opposed to the owner.  He’s kicked some ass, owned up to his mistakes and, seriously, not made excuses while his hands have been tied.

he needs one more year after this to prove his concept.

Edited by Revad

since we're kind of hyping minasian right now. outside of the organizational changes he's made, etc. i absolutely love how he's "managing" the minor leagues with an emphasis on winning. i've always heard how results don't matter in the minors and i get the sentiment of working on tools, but knowing how to win is a tool also. i think many don't understand that success is something that has to be learned as well, and i love that minasian gets that and is teaching that.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is BS..  In keeping with all the arguing going on we need to disagree.   Please reconsider your answer, or I'll have to change mine.

2 hours ago, Dark Bumpy said:

Maybe us agreeing is the most contentious scenario because it flies in the face of the regular discourse.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Good point.   We shall proceed.

I picture the two of you dressed like Napolean and a Colonial British General right now, trying to negotiate some blockade of a harbor.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Worth noting that there are major differences between basketball and baseball as far as team building. That said, any Golden State fans on here? What kind of owners have Lacob and Guber been? 

And before we get a bunch of asinine comments on his net worth, there would obviously have to be more people in the ownership group, as with the Dodgers. The Dodgers spent a ton of money early and are still pretty near the top of yearly spenders.

Just now, Warfarin said:

This is what I am wondering. Once a winning bid is selected, how long after that is the sale completed?

It’s probably longer and more complicated than we might think. They’ve already vetted the bidders before allowing them to see the books, but they’d still have to formally agree on purchase price, liabilities, get MLB and ownership approval, etc.

And the Angels laundry list of lawsuits they’re dealing with likely further complicates things.

Maybe @Dollar Bill has a better idea of the timeline?