• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Latest on Angels sale

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

That being said, Dr. Soon Shiong  is my least favorite of the rumored bidders. I would prefer someone who already owns a successful sports team like Joe Lacob or Ballmer, or a consortium style like the Dodgers with a solid baseball mind like Stan Kasten as the front man. Think Theo Epstein or Dave Dombrowski.

Mark Walter with Theo?

👍

Theo/Perry/Tamin, that would be a nice baseball side of the FO.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I just want to thank the mods for being so inclusive in their choosing of which responses to delete. 

I did the clean up in this thread so not every post that was hidden maybe should have been, and maybe I should have hid others. Also posts are almost never deleted here (unless it's spam), they're just hidden. 

Let's move on and stick to news as it relates to new ownership and the discussion surrounding that topic without getting political here. 

Thanks dudes! 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Mark Walter with Theo?

👍

Theo/Perry/Tamin, that would be a nice baseball side of the FO.

A Mark Walter type not Mark Walter. This is why Id prefer Lacob as majority investor. He let Bob Evans run the warriors pretty much and look at what they’ve done. 

Just now, Hubs said:

A Mark Walter type not Mark Walter. This is why Id prefer Lacob as majority investor. He let Bob Evans run the warriors pretty much and look at what they’ve done. 

Lacob with Epstein would be great. 

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

As long as Lacob has enough financial backing, only worth about $2 billion himself.

It won’t just be Lacob. He owns 25%-35% of the 7 Billion dollar Warriors. The minority owners include Dodgers minority owner Peter Guber and others besides Walter. I’d imagine some of the dodgers group will be involved (selling their stakes in the dodgers) as Guber is 80… but I’d imagine a corporation like Disney will also be involved as they want the Angels stadium land. The company gets some Bad press but they’re in a much different financial position than they were in 2004.

30 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

Your guys' fantasy owner group scenarios are almost as fantastical as your trade proposals.

Not including yourself?  We’ll likely get an ambitious ownership group that will compete in all areas.  The Angels are a goldmine to the right group.  I’m aiming high, for a smart group that’s willing to spend but transforms the organization from top to bottom.  I like Minasain and hope they keep him, but the bounces of the season will determine that.  

I think of the Phillies, that’s about where I’d put this team.  Add more resources.

14 minutes ago, ukyah said:

don't tease. it's mean.

dirty mind pleasure GIF by Refinery 29 GIFs

That’s not fair.

3 minutes ago, Revad said:

Not including yourself?  We’ll likely get an ambitious ownership group that will compete in all areas.  The Angels are a goldmine to the right group.  I’m aiming high, for a smart group that’s willing to spend but transforms the organization from top to bottom.  I like Minasain and hope they keep him, but the bounces of the season will determine that.  

I haven't given any dream owner scenarios. Or talked about any trade proposals.

I'd love to see a group of high-quality baseball minds buy the team. But it just seems like a pipe dream to me.

33 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

I'd love to see a group of high-quality baseball minds buy the team. But it just seems like a pipe dream to me.

why dream so small? fear of disappointment?

life is full of disappointment, might as well dream big and swing for the fences sometimes. who knows what could happen.

40 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

Not me. 

I want rich people who will hire high-quality baseball minds to run the team and stay out of their way.

45 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

I think I’d go with Minasain and the team he’s assembled.  

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

What are your thoughts on the current group we have in place - i.e., Minasian, Tamin, and the rest of his crew?

I think he is doing a great job. He got Anderson on a great deal by signing him early. He got Urshala and Renfroe without giving up anything significant. I like the the reliever from Colorado. However, most important has been his coaching hires. The person from Driveline as assistant pitching coach with such a young pitching staff was brilliant. His embracing analytics makes me very happy also.

3 minutes ago, Revad said:

The 2021 draft will make Perry famous, I think he’s super smart.

I think Perry has assembled a really strong team.  I like Tamin a lot and I think he has plucked a lot of smart people from strong player development organizations.  Strong leaders know how to assemble a team and delegate work to guys they trust to do a good job.

I have a lot of hope for Perry.  I hope whoever takes over as the new owner gives Perry time to see out his vision.  We already see some promising signs, IMO.

13 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

What are your thoughts on the current group we have in place - i.e., Minasian, Tamin, and the rest of his crew?

I'm a Tamin fan.  I think Minasian has made a lot of really quality hires, baseball ops wise.  Those things don't get the hype but tend to have a bigger impact, long term..  I think this winter is the closest he's been able to operate with true autonomy.  Maddon got his boys in year one then kind of painted him into a corner with his comments about the roster at the end of 21.

I would have loved to see both Epller and Minasian work under a different owner.

My saying I want high quality baseball minds isn't an indictment of Minasian, I just don't want owners who think they are qualified to make baseball decisions other than what is too much to pay a guy.

16 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

I think he is doing a great job. He got Anderson on a great deal by signing him early. He got Urshala and Renfroe without giving up anything significant. I like the the reliever from Colorado. However, most important has been his coaching hires. The person from Driveline as assistant pitching coach with such a young pitching staff was brilliant. His embracing analytics makes me very happy also.

And letting Jeremy Reed go

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just add Theo to oversee the whole thing.

What I wonder though is would Perry see that as a demotion, if we specifically bring someone to "oversee" operations above him?  He would essentially be going from the top decision maker to the second.

Or do you mean in the same way Kasten is with the Dodgers and "oversees" Friedman (i.e., part-owner and president, but not actually making the baseball decisions)?