• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Latest on Angels sale

9 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Some of you aren't really thinking clearly when you say all that matters is if the new owner is set by the end of this season or sometimes during the season.

If we don't have a new owner at least known (not necessarily all the i's dotted and t's crossed) by Opening Day, our chances of keeping him definitely go down. First, because some players don't want to negotiate after the season starts. Second, if somehow (extremely unlikely) it stretches to season's end, it's open market and we may well not have the highest bid. 

It is very important that a new owner is at least identified before Opening Day to give Perry a chance to negotiate a deal. 

The reference about having it complete by June or so is for the sale to be approved and the owners sign off.  From previous timelines, it appears there is a decent lag time between an agreement and ratification from the other owners.

I am thinking that a deal will be "struck" by opening day, but that it will still require other owners to approve, which may take some time.  

If the bidding "starts" in February, I am assuming it will be completed by Opening Day, such that we at least know who the new owner (likely) will be.  Arte does not seem to draw out negotiations, so I think that part at least will occur in a fairly timely fashion.

19 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

The reference about having it complete by June or so is for the sale to be approved and the owners sign off.  From previous timelines, it appears there is a decent lag time between an agreement and ratification from the other owners.

I am thinking that a deal will be "struck" by opening day, but that it will still require other owners to approve, which may take some time.  

If the bidding "starts" in February, I am assuming it will be completed by Opening Day, such that we at least know who the new owner (likely) will be.  Arte does not seem to draw out negotiations, so I think that part at least will occur in a fairly timely fashion.

I think this is what will happen also, and it's kind of important that it does, imo.

Maybe Ohtani prefers to stay and as long as we give a competitive offer he'll stick around, but our chances are definitely better if negotiations can start before the season begins, and that won't happen until we know who the new owner is and they can at least pre-approve a deal. 

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I think this is what will happen also, and it's kind of important that it does, imo.

Maybe Ohtani prefers to stay and as long as we give a competitive offer he'll stick around, but our chances are definitely better if negotiations can start before the season begins, and that won't happen until we know who the new owner is and they can at least pre-approve a deal

So that is something I am not too familiar with in terms of how businesses operate.  Would Arte essentially allow Minasian to negotiate with Ohtani, and have Minasian consult with the prospective new owner, about the kind of contract he is permitted to give?  Is the new owner even allowed to do that, given he isn't yet the owner of the team?  

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

So that is something I am not too familiar with in terms of how businesses operate.  Would Arte essentially allow Minasian to negotiate with Ohtani, and have Minasian consult with the prospective new owner, about the kind of contract he is permitted to give?  Is the new owner even allowed to do that, given he isn't yet the owner of the team?  

I would assume if an owner is basically finalized but the process is incomplete, they could authorize Minasian to negotiate for them, but I don't know for sure. 

1 minute ago, Dollar Bill said:

Bidding hasn't started.

Thanks Bill!  Certainly I trust your input over Bob's 🙂 

Assuming the bidding hasn't started and will commence in February, it does seem like there's no chance a sale is fully completed by opening day.  What I personally hope for, though, is that Moreno can at least select the winning bid by opening day.  At that point, I am thinking it will probably take around 2 months or so to have it ratified by the new owners and completed, such that we can reasonably expect a fully completed sale before, say, the end of June?