• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Latest on Angels sale

21 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

For calling people snowflakes they really have a hard time not being scared of everything. 

the owners political beliefs have almost no impact on a team. The only thing I could see it effecting is the advertisers. It’s not like they sign players from only 1 political system…look at Moreno, he’s in the magaverse and he’s signed all kinds of foreign born players. 

This.  I don’t really care what the owners’ politics are.  Conservative, liberal, whatever.  Just spend on the team and make them consistently enjoyable to watch, and I will be happy.  I follow sports to enjoy the game, not to be immersed in politics.

10 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

This.  I don’t really care what the owners’ politics are.  Conservative, liberal, whatever.  Just spend on the team and make them consistently enjoyable to watch, and I will be happy.  I follow sports to enjoy the game, not to be immersed in politics.

Exactly! i just dont get the thought process at all. At the end of the day the team is a business. You dont seclude nearly half of your customer base by alienating them based on politics. That is just horrible business practice. 

Put a good product on the field so people can come and enjoy it. Thats all people should care about.

14 hours ago, HaloBronco said:

Have you picked up the latest edition of the LA times, it’s not very good. 

Slanted far left to put it mildly.

I just don’t want the team I root for going woke. Pushing values that go against mine. That’s my fear with guy from the LA Times. 

Lmao you guys are fucking ridiculous.

15 hours ago, HaloBronco said:

I just don’t want the team I root for going woke. Pushing values that go against mine. That’s my fear with guy from the LA Times. 

Damn brother, what are you gonna do when a blue haired libtard is batting clean up! 

15 hours ago, HaloBronco said:

Are you saying you'd like the Angels to be a safe space from politics you don't like?

Just now, Hubs said:

Not all of this board is conservative, nor is all of OC or all of the Angels fanbase. 

The best thing to do with politics and sports is not let one influence the other. 

That being said, Dr. Soon Shiong  is my least favorite of the rumored bidders. I would prefer someone who already owns a successful sports team like Joe Lacob or Ballmer, or a consortium style like the Dodgers with a solid baseball mind like Stan Kasten as the front man. Think Theo Epstein or Dave Dombrowski.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

OK guys, let's not turn this into a political conversation. 

Someone create a thread in the Political forum on why you'd like the new ownership group to be of a certain political affiliation and why, if this type of conversation fancies you. 

Why didn't you make this call when HaloBranco made his post? It seems odd that you waited until folks had responded to him. You also marked "This!" on his post.

Please keep things equitable.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Why didn't you make this call when HaloBranco made his post? It seems odd that you waited until folks had responded to him. You also marked "This!" on his post.

Whether I agree with a post has no bearing on what should be allowed to carry on within a thread. 

Now move on. 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Someone takes this site way too seriously it seems. Its noticed when its noticed and addressed when its addressed. 

As long as the owner is willing to spend and is competent on how to surround themselves with qualified people and understands how to properly lead people and empower them, I will be happy. In other words, want to own the team for the right reasons. 

With that said, its understandable why some would prefer someone who already owns a a piece of a sports franchise but that could be very short sighted. 

Just now, James said:

As long as the owner is willing to spend and is competent on how to surround themselves with qualified people and understands how to properly lead people and empower them, I will be happy. In other words, want to own the team for the right reasons. 

With that said, its understandable why some would prefer someone who already owns a a piece of a sports franchise but that could be very short sighted. 

I think about 95% of us agree on this.

16 minutes ago, James said:

Right.  I guarantee you no Mets fan cares about Cohen’s political affiliation right now.  They’re all ecstatic as hell because their owner is spending a ton of money to win.  That is what we all want - an owner dedicated to winning, and not just their own bottom line.

In all seriousness all I care about in terms of a new owner is that they want to win as often as possible.  I want them to treat the team like a team that is in one of the countries biggest media markets if not the biggest.  Which is what the Angels are.  We should be trying to win every year.  Which was a thing Arte talked about and was right about.  We just need to someone to do this competently.  Which Arte did not.  This means spending money like the big boys.  Which Arte did to a large degree.  But it also means all the other details stuff.  Organizational infrastructure, letting baseball men do the baseball things.  Which Arte didn’t.  Hoping for the best. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just to be up front about it: I'm not remotely a leftist or woke. I'd probably align more with Arte politically than PSS. That said, I don't give a crap who either of them vote for or who they donate to. My issue is that I don't like what I read about PSS and how he runs the Times. And I really don't like his daughter making everything about what's important to her politically. That's how you drive a business into the ground.

If I was sure Soon-Shiong would just spend a bunch of money to improve the team across the board and then stay out of baseball affairs, I'd probably be fine with him. I'm just skeptical of that based on how he's running the Times and some of what I've read about his medical work. He seems like a really smart guy, but he also seems like he thinks he's smarter than he is, which is usually a recipe for disaster.