• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now what? What moves would you like to see them make.

Stradling

58 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

Are the White Sox shopping Tim Anderson? They exercised his option this month and they have a roster that is set to compete.

He would be a great addition, only concern is the injuries the past three years.

Good point, no more than 123 games played the past 3 full seasons. 
Definite concern 

9 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah, my guess is we will sign a backup catcher - not someone to replace Stassi.  I think Thaiss probably will be deemed not strong enough defensively to take over that role, and if he makes the team, it'll be moreso as a third string catcher / utility player, although I have my doubts that he'll be here once the season starts.  Urshela will be the 3B/1B backup, and if we do get a backup C, Thaiss probably doesn't have a role to play on this team.

I've a got a feeling Logan O'Hoppe will be our starting catcher.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good point, no more than 123 games played the past 3 full seasons. 
Definite concern 

He'd fit right in with Trout and Rendon! 

On a side note, I have no idea why Rosenthal included him in his article. White Sox are going for it with a different manager and Anderson is a big part of that team.

18 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

He'd fit right in with Trout and Rendon! 

On a side note, I have no idea why Rosenthal included him in his article. White Sox are going for it with a different manager and Anderson is a big part of that team.

Same reason they mention Ohtani. 

6 hours ago, Trendon said:

You’d still have to replace Ohtani’s pitching production, which I’d argue is way more valuable and difficult to replace than his hitting production.

That's right.  A deal for Ohtani would have to include at least 1, and preferably 2, major league ready pitchers.  

I suspect that if we deal him, it may be to the Mets.  Our former GM, the guy who signed Ohtani, is there.  

Brett Baty, Pete Alonzo, Francisco Alvarez, Mike Vasil, David Peterson, and maybe another prospect like Mark Vientos, or some other combination of players may get Perry's attention.  

If we added Walsh in the swap, maybe it would test just how badly the Mets want Ohtani.

6 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

Are the White Sox shopping Tim Anderson? They exercised his option this month and they have a roster that is set to compete.

He would be a great addition, only concern is the injuries the past three years.

I don’t think he is, but Rosenthal floated his name as a trade possibility and people on here have been discussing his name as a possibility since.

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

That's right.  A deal for Ohtani would have to include at least 1, and preferably 2, major league ready pitchers.  

I suspect that if we deal him, it may be to the Mets.  Our former GM, the guy who signed Ohtani, is there.  

The Mets are a good match if they end up needing to trade Ohtani.

They’ll have the payroll space to take him on, they are in an opposite league on the opposite coast, and have major league ready 0-3 pitching and position players.

Megill, Peterson, and Lucchesi as pitchers.

Álvarez, Baty, Vientos, and Mauricio as position players.

19 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The Mets are a good match if they end up needing to trade Ohtani.

They’ll have the payroll space to take him on, they are in an opposite league on the opposite coast, and have major league ready 0-3 pitching and position players.

Megill, Peterson, and Lucchesi as pitchers.

Álvarez, Baty, Vientos, and Mauricio as position players.

They are, but for now, I'd prefer to not consider the "trade Ohtani" option.  Hopefully we'll have new ownership soon, and I'm guessing anyone that spends over 3 billion on buying a franchise in a prime location will likely be willing to considerably increase payroll.  There are potentially some pretty good SP free agent options next year, although that free agent class projects to be considerably weaker than this one.

16 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Brett Baty, Pete Alonzo, Francisco Alvarez, Mike Vasil, David Peterson, and maybe another prospect like Mark Vientos, or some other combination of players may get Perry's attention.  

If we added Walsh in the swap, maybe it would test just how badly the Mets want Ohtani.

Anyone speculating on a trade involving Ohtani is wasting their time.

Ohtani San is not going anywhere for the next 5+ years.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:04 PM, bruin5 said:

With all the other moves I believe we can work around SS for part of the year with Fletcher and Soto. I think Neto will be a viable option after spending a few weeks at AAA. I also think Rengifo is a viable starter at 2B. I’ve always been a fan of his. We could even make do with Squid if he only hits RH. My priority is Shohei. 

Bingo

5 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Anyone speculating on a trade involving Ohtani is wasting their time.

Ohtani San is not going anywhere for the next 5+ years.

I love the optimism.  The new owner likely would like to pull this off as well - if one of their first moves is giving Ohtani a ton of money to essentially stay a lifelong Angel, that would make them an instant hero.  

I believe whoever takes over will offer Ohtani the money, but the key question will be whether he wants to stay or not.  I imagine there will be multiple teams who want to offer him a lot of money, including likely the Dodgers, who appear to be clearing their financial books for something like this.  Ohtani's actions previously have indicated it isn't just about the money, as I believe he could have made a lot of money if he had waited to come to the US 2 years later than he did, but he decided to come earlier instead.

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I love the optimism.  The new owner likely would like to pull this off as well - if one of their first moves is giving Ohtani a ton of money to essentially stay a lifelong Angel, that would make them an instant hero.  

I believe whoever takes over will offer Ohtani the money, but the key question will be whether he wants to stay or not.  I imagine there will be multiple teams who want to offer him a lot of money, including likely the Dodgers, who appear to be clearing their financial books for something like this.  Ohtani's actions previously have indicated it isn't just about the money, as I believe he could have made a lot of money if he had waited to come to the US 2 years later than he did, but he decided to come earlier instead.

I think the moves they make this off season will likely be the determining factor for him. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the moves they make this off season will likely be the determining factor for him. 

I think it will depend on how this team plays. I also feel Ohtani will test FA. If you were him, wouldn't you? I also think Arte will let new owners try and sign him if they want to. Arte's legacy does not want to include trading Ohtani. His legacy already so bad with signings of Pujols, Hamilton and Rendon. All the changes at GM and the many managers he has hired.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I think it will depend on how this team plays. I also feel Ohtani will test FA. If you were him, wouldn't you? I also think Arte will let new owners try and sign him if they want to. Arte's legacy does not want to include trading Ohtani. His legacy already so bad with signings of Pujols, Hamilton and Rendon. All the changes at GM and the many managers he has hired.

We've said this before with players like Weaver and Trout. If they get some pieces with talent AND they play well I think Ohtani signs with the Angels

Twins aggressively pursuing Correa makes me think he'd be the best SS here.

Twins had a year with him, and wanting him back leads me to believe he's a good teammate and player to invest into. 

Turner is going to get paid way too much IMO.

I'm wondering why Braves seem to be somewhat OK with Swanson leaving. His strikeouts are high but I wonder if there is more there. 

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think Angels are going to sign Carlos Estevez for the closer role, and relatively soon too.

And I think another arm is gonna sign soon aside from Estevez and Devenski. Jharel Cotton might be another good depth move.

Which means Perry has one job for the Winter Meetings. 

Shortstop.

Edited by angelsnationtalk