• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now what? What moves would you like to see them make.

Stradling

I'd like to see them target Matt Moore if they can get him for about 5m.  Or Michael Fulmer for about the same price.  Although I think he might cost more than that.  My guess is that Weiss gets ousted from the 40 to make room for Drury.  And they probably have enough arms to replace him with who they've got in AAA/AA already.   

They're actually getting close to a bit of a crunch on the 40 man

30 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Thaiss right now is just organizational depth.  He has a unique value in his ability to be an emergency catcher.  But there is no way on earth this team is going to rely on him as a second catcher on a big league roster.  No way.

I disagree with your assessment that his only real value is at catcher going forward.

I think his highest value is a bench player that can play a few positions including “emergency” catcher.

I hope for big steps forward for all Angel prospects but realistically I think this is a role player type.

I should say his primary source of value.  Otherwise, he is basically just like Lamb - organizational depth that can occasionally be called upon to fill temporary vacancies.  But he is otherwise a rather below average offensive threat from a corner infield position.

If he is able to show good catching defense, then he suddenly is more valuable as a 2nd catcher who can occasionally sub in at 1B/etc.  That has versatility and is useful.  But as he currently is, his lack of options is significant in terms of harming his value.

5 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I'd like to see them target Matt Moore if they can get him for about 5m.  Or Michael Fulmer for about the same price.  Although I think he might cost more than that.  My guess is that Weiss gets ousted from the 40 to make room for Drury.  And they probably have enough arms to replace him with who they've got in AAA/AA already.   

Yeah, who would have thought eh?

Assuming they do indeed find a 6th starter, that's another spot they need to clear.  Weiss seems like he could be DFA'd.  Marte could fit in that as well.  If we get another SP, Davidson seems like he could be DFA'd as well.

I was never particularly high on Stefanic, in that he seemed to be considered fairly poor defensively all around.  With Drury and Urshela on board, as well as some promising middle infield prospects on the way, he could be an option to DFA, although I don't think he'd be one of the first.

26 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I'd love either of those arms

2 hours ago, mmc said:

At this point Weiss is the last obvious cut candidate to me

Kind of feel like it would have happened already if they were going to do that. Feels like a trade is being worked on but we will see. 

43 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Tricky--he had one good year and 4 bad ones before that. Didn't pitch in 2020. The starter to reliever thing may have helped, but I'm a bit skeptical.

33 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Kind of feel like it would have happened already if they were going to do that. Feels like a trade is being worked on but we will see. 

Tricky--he had one good year and 4 bad ones before that. Didn't pitch in 2020. The starter to reliever thing may have helped, but I'm a bit skeptical.

that's why he's cheaper.  Minasian needs to hit on a couple guys like that.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Is today the day we acquire more pitching?  Will it be Luetge?  Will it be Eovaldi? Or will it be nothing until after the holiday?

Yankees have 3 business days I think to act on the DFA.  I think in the offseason, Saturday and Sunday is not considered a business day, whereas it is during the season.  Or at least I think I read that somewhere.

So I wouldn't expect anything to be done today, tomorrow, or probably Monday, which would be an observed holiday.