• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now what? What moves would you like to see them make.

Stradling

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If Moniac is sent to AAA, who plays CF, Ward? I wouldn't what Ward in CF for any extended period.

I'm assuming you mean this in the context of Trout being hurt.  I think if Trout is hurt, Moniak would be called up (if he's in AAA) to start in CF.  Otherwise, for the occasional day off, either Ward or Renfroe can probably slide over to CF for the day.

23 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I'm assuming you mean this in the context of Trout being hurt.  I think if Trout is hurt, Moniak would be called up (if he's in AAA) to start in CF.  Otherwise, for the occasional day off, either Ward or Renfroe can probably slide over to CF for the day.

I think Moniak will be 4th OF because he hits from left side and can play CF.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:37 PM, AngelStew43 said:

Andrelton Simmons is younger than Andrus, and a far superior SS.  Look up his numbers. 

Not much difference in age (34 vs 33), but true that Simmons is still the superior defensive guy.

Andrus did have a solid offense season (.707 OPS), whereas Simmons can’t hit much anymore.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not much difference in age (34 vs 33), but true that Simmons is still the superior defensive guy.

Andrus did have a solid offense season (.707 OPS), whereas Simmons can’t hit much anymore.

What I’m saying is that Andrus is more likely to be the next Simmons, than to match or improve on last season’s numbers.  I don’t want to waste those dollars in what could be Ohtani’s last year here.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

.707 OPS is solid? 

14 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

I think the question is why pay more for equal to or lesser productivity from a new player than a player you already have locked in at a lower cost?

Because depth is important,  Fletcher hasn’t been that good in three years and Rengifo has had one good season. 

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Exactly. Lack of depth killed us last year. And Fletcher and Rengifo are both okay at best at short. 

I'm very interested to see how Soto looks this year.  I'd still advocate strongly to acquire a SS, but if Soto emerges as an actual legit option, then we'd suddenly have rather good MI depth, with Neto probably not too far off (1 more year?).

27 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I'm very interested to see how Soto looks this year.  I'd still advocate strongly to acquire a SS, but if Soto emerges as an actual legit option, then we'd suddenly have rather good MI depth, with Neto probably not too far off (1 more year?).

The hole at shortstop is not what left field was last week. We have capable options, they just aren't great options. Ideally either Fletcher or Rengifo would be in more of a utility role instead of depending on both of them. 

I don't think a team should pay more for less production than they already have. Sure, pay more to upgrade as Minasian has with Renfroe and Urshala. Both really good moves I think. 

But I doubt he will pay more to Andrus for less production than he already has and call it depth. I don't think Andrus is the answer at SS.

1 minute ago, TempeAngel said:

I don't think a team should pay more for less production than they already have. Sure, pay more to upgrade as Minasian has with Renfroe and Urshala. Both really good moves I think. 

But I doubt he will pay more to Andrus for less production than he already has and call it depth. I don't think Andrus is the answer at SS.

Rengifo is not a good defensive shortstop. Urshela is worse. The one season Urshela played significant time at shortstop he suddenly forgot how to hit. Maybe we should bring back Mark Trumbo to play short?

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The one season Urshela played significant time at shortstop he suddenly forgot how to hit. Maybe we should bring back Mark Trumbo to play short?

Minasian is on record saying Urshala is a natural for games at 1B and 3B with this team. I don't think Minasian feels he is the answer at SS.

I do not think Angel's will sign any of top 4 SS. They need to save money to try and extend Ohtani. It will be thru a trade like Renfroe or Urshala or a lower free agent like Andrus. Minasian has done very well in 2 trades so far and hopefully he can bring in a SS in same matter. Off season is just starting let's hope Perry can work a way to improve MI depth.