• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell’s Future

BTH

What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?

• Traded
    • Starting OF with the Angels
    • Platoon/Backup OF with the Angels
    • With the Angels organization, but at AAA

Just now, Taylor said:

TJ Simers is/was a dick. Purposely looking for angles that made teams and players look bad. Generating false controversies, etc.

A journalist asking tough questions is the sign of a good journalist and not a team PR rep.

Simmers is a completely different deal.  He was trolling.  I thought he was pretty funny btw.  But yea,  that’s being a douche bag.  What Sam does is his job as a journalism man. 

On 9/4/2022 at 9:21 AM, eligrba said:

Your right. It's much better to have a 23 yr old who can't play at this level but has potential in the lineup than, heaven forbid, a 28 yr old who has more skills.

I stand corrected.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Wow, you are really smart.

What skills has he shown?

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Sam Blum is great.  It’s not rude or mean to ask tough questions.  He does a great job for the fans.  Just like Jeff does.  

Yeah.

They have two different styles, which is perfectly fine.

If all the Angels reporters were carbon copies of each other, there’s be little point in having more than one of them.

19 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Here's my take on Blum... Yes, he comes across like an asshole, but maybe we need an asshole... 13 years without making the playoffs, 6 or more years without reaching even .500, and if you followed the team in the press could you even find one tough question? The most anyone ever gets called out is when a beat writer references the team's record.

I understand Jeff's position that it generally doesn't matter if you ask difficult questions because these guys just dodge them and give their canned responses. But if that's the best we can do then maybe the post game recap is all the coverage we really need.

At the same time it's become increasingly clear to me that a reason for the team's lack of success is the atmosphere around the club, and the expectation on the part of players who are choosing to come here that no one will ask them a tough question, they won't be called out for poor performance and they can simply cash their checks in relative obscurity. 

First, how do you know what questions are being asked?

When things are going badly, I ask all the time why it’s happening and what they are trying to do about it. What else am I supposed to ask that would be considered a “tough question”?

17 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

First, how do you know what questions are being asked?

When things are going badly, I ask all the time why it’s happening and what they are trying to do about it. What else am I supposed to ask that would be considered a “tough question”?

What is the cube root of 27 multiplied by 3?

13 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

What else am I supposed to ask that would be considered a “tough question”?

Start everything you ask with "Alright, quit f*ckin' around..."

Then you can ask anything and it will sound tough, and put the interviewee on the spot.

"Who are you calling up?"

"Will X be available to pitch tomorrow?"

"How's your mother, I heard she was sick?"

Do the first part, and all of those will force them to answer.