• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell’s Future

BTH

What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?

• Traded
    • Starting OF with the Angels
    • Platoon/Backup OF with the Angels
    • With the Angels organization, but at AAA

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I love the audacity of someone who believes they would hit over .200 and they still call others out for opinions. 

Baseball is just friggin hard.  The worst major league player is still better than 99% of the baseball fan population.  It is mind blowing how good these guys are that we (me included) identify as bad players.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Baseball is just friggin hard.  The worst major league player is still better than 99% of the baseball fan population.  It is mind blowing how good these guys are that we (me included) identify as bad players.

Yes. Which is why you aren’t a moron, because you know that. Ever play pick up basketball with a college basketball player?  You’d think you were playing the greatest player ever. 

I don't think Adell has shown enough, or will show enough, for the Angels to feel confident giving him a place on the major league roster next year. But he's also not worth trading at this point, so he'll go back to AAA next year. If an opportunity arises and he's hitting consistently well, he'll get another chance. But he's lost the "top prospect - we need to get this guy in the lineup and give him lots of chances" status. 

The Angels will sign a free agent, and maybe give Moniak a shot as the 4th outfielder/platoon, depending if he comes back this year and performs and/or how he looks in spring training. But I think he has a better chance at a roster spot on Opening Day than Adell, but doubt he'll be pencilled in as a starter.

26 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don't think Adell has shown enough, or will show enough, for the Angels to feel confident giving him a place on the major league roster next year. But he's also not worth trading at this point, so he'll go back to AAA next year. If an opportunity arises and he's hitting consistently well, he'll get another chance. But he's lost the "top prospect - we need to get this guy in the lineup and give him lots of chances" status. 

The Angels will sign a free agent, and maybe give Moniak a shot as the 4th outfielder/platoon, depending if he comes back this year and performs and/or how he looks in spring training. But I think he has a better chance at a roster spot on Opening Day than Adell, but doubt he'll be pencilled in as a starter.

I agree with this. I think LF is a position they’ll likely run Adell and Moniak out to try to solve. 

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I agree with this. I think LF is a position they’ll likely run Adell and Moniak out to try to solve. 

I could see that, especially if they spend on SS and pitching.  But I hope they sign a good LF and go cheaper on middle infield.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

1 hour ago, Revad said:

I could see that, especially if they spend on SS and pitching.  But I hope they sign a good LF and go cheaper on middle infield.

Yeah, I had the same thought. In a way that was their approach this year: we can get away with a position or two being an ongoing audition. That didn't work because A) the rash of injuries that weakened the overall lineup, and B) None of the auditioning players performed. Both issues were exacerbated by lack of depth.

Now if the Angels sign a Correa and some strong depth pieces, they might be more willing to roll the dice on Adell/Moniak in LF. 

4 hours ago, eligrba said:

Baseball is just friggin hard.  The worst major league player is still better than 99% of the professional baseball playing fan population.  It is mind blowing how good these guys are that we (me included) identify as bad players.

Went ahead and made your statement a bit more correct.

54 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I mean you really need to ask if the organization thinks Jo Adell has a future, because if they do you have to question why they seem to think he'll be able to achieve it from the bench.

I would ask them if I was able to.

Maybe someone who is able to ask them can do so. Like @Jeff Fletcher

4 minutes ago, Just Sayin said:

He is a tremendously dangerous hitter during blowouts and the opposition has a position player on the mound to preserve their bullpen. 

I’m guessing that by today’s standards, this alone could justify a ten-year extension at roughly 38 million a year. 

You should “just say” other things. 

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

I would ask them if I was able to.

Maybe someone who is able to ask them can do so. Like @Jeff Fletcher

They think he can be good but they also know he has issues. They think he can develop without them simply blindly putting him out there 100 percent of the time. He’s getting plenty of playing time. I think he’s started 22 of 28 games or something. He’s already got about 80 more PAs than in any other season.