• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell’s Future

BTH

What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?

• Traded
    • Starting OF with the Angels
    • Platoon/Backup OF with the Angels
    • With the Angels organization, but at AAA

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Perhaps you should apply for the beat writer gig at The Athletic when Blum gets fired, then. 

Thank you, but I am fine. That was my chosen profession coming out of high school.  Didn’t care for journalism class and all of the “rules” of the writing.  

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Blum grew on me more or maybe I just got used to his style, but I do believe he comes off like a prick a lot.   Anyway I did appreciate how when Maddon would respond to direct questions such as why the team was striking out so much by referencing Hercules' 7 labors, Blum would again ask why the team was striking out so much.

I don't know that being a beat guy is what he wants to do, and maybe writing for a national sports source he's trying to appeal to a larger audience than just Angels fans, he has at times played up the national narratives.  Maybe he's just biding his time while his real life dream of being a co-host on the View becomes a reality.

Mostly I think you guys are all really punchy cause it's been a shitacular season

I am not punchy about him, I just have read enough to think he is a dick.  I would think that regardless of who he is writing about.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Sam has done a great job of making sure everyone knows what he’s asked and how he’s asked it. 

Also, bear in mind that the entire interview with Nevin was done before his fist tweet about the interview yesterday. 

No surprise there.

Just now, Stradling said:

I am not punchy about him, I just have read enough to think he is a dick.  I would think that regardless of who he is writing about.

He can definitely come off like a prick -- I've said as much in the past.  But I do believe Angels fans are punchy in general right now -- not just here, but in general.  This has been the weirdest Angels season in a long time.

All I can say is thank god for minor league baseball and the Trash Pandas.  Their social media person is great too.

Here's my take on Blum... Yes, he comes across like an asshole, but maybe we need an asshole... 13 years without making the playoffs, 6 or more years without reaching even .500, and if you followed the team in the press could you even find one tough question? The most anyone ever gets called out is when a beat writer references the team's record.

I understand Jeff's position that it generally doesn't matter if you ask difficult questions because these guys just dodge them and give their canned responses. But if that's the best we can do then maybe the post game recap is all the coverage we really need.

At the same time it's become increasingly clear to me that a reason for the team's lack of success is the atmosphere around the club, and the expectation on the part of players who are choosing to come here that no one will ask them a tough question, they won't be called out for poor performance and they can simply cash their checks in relative obscurity. 

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Here's my take on Blum... Yes, he comes across like an asshole, but maybe we need an asshole... 13 years without making the playoffs, 6 or more years without reaching even .500, and if you followed the team in the press could you even find one tough question? The most anyone ever gets called out is when a beat writer references the team's record.

I understand Jeff's position that it generally doesn't matter if you ask difficult questions because these guys just dodge them and give their canned responses. But if that's the best we can do then maybe the post game recap is all the coverage we really need.

At the same time it's become increasingly clear to me that a reason for the team's lack of success is the atmosphere around the club, and the expectation on the part of players who are choosing to come here that no one will ask them a tough question, they won't be called out for poor performance and they can simply cash their checks in relative obscurity. 

There’s zero correlation between how the team performs and being asked tough questions. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Well the NY media has been pricks forever. The Yankees haven’t been to a World Series in 23 years? The Dodgers and Astros have easy media markets and make it regularly. 

The Yankees last won a world series the year the Angels last got out of the division series.

The Yankees don't win it all every year but they are chronically successful. The Dodgers went through some real dark ages in the McCourt years, and I don't think it's fair to say they have the same type of media coverage as the Angels.

Bottomline, I think you are absolutely 100% incorrect that media coverage has 0 influence on the ultimate results on the field.

Is fan resentment the reason Arte doesn't go to games anymore? If so is that the reason he isn't getting as much fun out of owning a team these days? Could we then conclude that is a major factor in his decision to sell the team?

If the answer is "maybe" then I think it follows that media coverage can impact the direction of the franchise.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not like he goes out of his way to be a jerk.  The Angels suck.  Asking the people who run the Angels why they suck isn’t mean. 

Blum: Why is it the Angels suck so badly for so long?

Angels PR: Well, Sam, it's pretty simple. The media just doesn't put any pressure on the players to do better.