• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell’s Future

BTH

What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Jo Adell’s future is with the Angels come 2023?

• Traded
    • Starting OF with the Angels
    • Platoon/Backup OF with the Angels
    • With the Angels organization, but at AAA

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Completely legitimate follow up question to ask and I wish more reporters would have the nerve to ask questions like that.  I would have liked it even more if he'd been able to ask ANOTHER follow up of, "Then could you please explain what you did mean?"

No. The first follow up should have been “why isn’t he part of today’s best lineup?”

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. The first follow up should have been “why isn’t he part of today’s best lineup?”

I fully realize who you are and what you do, but I still think Sam's question was perfectly legitimate.  Nevin's answer was nonsense.  Your suggestion could have worked, too.

Hopefully, all the Angels reporters will ask more challenging questions to Nevin, Minasian, and anyone else in the front office or ownership group if given the opportunity.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I fully realize who you are and what you do, but I still think Sam's question was perfectly legitimate.  Nevin's answer was nonsense.  Your suggestion could have worked, too.

Hopefully, all the Angels reporters will ask more challenging questions to Nevin, Minasian, and anyone else in the front office or ownership group if given the opportunity.

Do you see the difference between what Sam asked and what I suggested?

3 hours ago, Just Sayin said:

He is a tremendously dangerous hitter during blowouts and the opposition has a position player on the mound to preserve their bullpen. 

I’m guessing that by today’s standards, this alone could justify a ten-year extension at roughly 38 million a year. 

Haha, after reading your first paragraph, I was just going to say, "This thread isn't about Trout," then I read your second paragraph.

Adell has a .270 OBP and strikes out 37% of the time, with little power to show for it. Of course he isn't part of any team's "best lineup."

Of course Nevin shouldn't be playing for this year. He should be playing for next and beyond. But as Fletcher said, Adell is getting substantial playing time. Over the last 30 days he's gotten the fifth most PA of any Angel hitter and tied for third most games. He's just not improving, so not getting every single start.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

There are guys that report what’s happening then there are guys who want to be hard hitting reporters. Sam is the second one. 

Sam was trying to get Nevin to dunk on one of his players.   Nevin isn't going to embarrass a kid just because a reporter can't read between the lines.

14 minutes ago, eligrba said:

After watching Aguilar for a few games, Adell's window with the Angels might be closing. 

Yeah, soon-to-be-28-year-old guys who strike out 11 times in their first 17 ABs definitely want to make you give up on 23-year-old former top 10 prospects. I totally get that.  Smart thinking. 

11 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yes, god forbid anyone challenging reasoning or asking a follow-up, rather than taking the "just the facts, ma'am" approach! 

This isn’t my profession, but there are a number of ways to ask the question without being a dick and trying to ask a “gotcha” question.  

“What about this match up prevents Jo from starting tonight”

”What would you like to see from Jo in order to face a right handed like Garcia”

”Do you see Jo and Ryan platooning moving forward”

These are all better questions.  

Once again, he is a beat writer and he is taking this job like he wants to be a hard hitting reporter.  I would only assume that building relationships as a beat reporter, gets you more insight over the long haul.  @Jeff Fletcher, would that be accurate or am I overthinking this? 

50 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, soon-to-be-28-year-old guys who strike out 11 times in their first 17 ABs definitely want to make you give up on 23-year-old former top 10 prospects. I totally get that.  Smart thinking. 

Your right. It's much better to have a 23 yr old who can't play at this level but has potential in the lineup than, heaven forbid, a 28 yr old who has more skills.

I stand corrected.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Wow, you are really smart.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Your right. It's much better to have a 23 yr old who can't play at this level but has potential in the lineup than, heaven forbid, a 28 yr old who has more skills.

I stand corrected.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Wow, you are really smart.

What skills have you seen in Aguilar's limited appearances that make you think he's a better fit long term? 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This isn’t my profession, but there are a number of ways to ask the question without being a dick and trying to ask a “gotcha” question.  

”What would you like to see from Jo in order to face a right handed like Garcia”

Once again, he is a beat writer and he is taking this job like he wants to be a hard hitting reporter.  I would only assume that building relationships as a beat reporter, gets you more insight over the long haul.  @Jeff Fletcher, would that be accurate or am I overthinking this? 

It's truly bizarre to me that you think that question was Blum being a "dick" or that you, Fletcher, and others feel it was disrespectful. He asked a question based on Nevin's moronic answer. If beat writers only exist to parrot back the basic facts and whatever the managers and players say, then I don't see the reason for them to exist in today's media environment. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is accurate.