• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Brandon Marsh to the Phillies for Logan O'Hoppe

BTH

7 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Not saying this is a bad trade.  I'm just having a really hard time trying to understand what this franchise is doing.   

I was hoping the Angels invested in catching with their first pick in the draft. It appears that has resolved itself and from Trash Panda to Anaheim looks like a quick progression.  

I am a big fan of Marsh and believe his hit tools will come around but the Angels need a cost controlled 2nd string catcher that can develop into the primary and tgat is the only reason I'm not kicking puppies right now. 

8 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

It still sucks trading someone we somewhat recently drafted in the 2nd round for someone very recently drafted in the 23rd round. 

Makes me feel like we have no idea what we're doing. 

Teams were convinced he would attend East Carolina, where his dad and uncle played. (He was actually named after former ECU football coach Steve Logan)

He was given a $215k signing bonus.

58 minutes ago, Tank said:

guys on MLB.com . . . "they've (angels) have lost their sense of direction as a team."

no argument here. analysts think marsh is the kind of guy you keep as part of rebuilding.

He can't hit a baseball, and it doesn't look like he'll figure it out any time soon. Glad he and his strikeouts are the Phillies' problem now.

I’m not sure where the confusion lies. I’m not sure if this is good or bad — at this point I see it as a lateral move — but it makes a certain kind of sense.

Maybe the Angels feel like O’Hoppe is almost ready to platoon with Stassi. It certainly (potentially) fills one of their biggest holes next year.

It also implies that they’re going all-in on Adell. The end result remains to be seen, but the upside is still there. Hopefully they give him some starts in center.

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Chemistry and all the other BS doesn't matter, if your Organizational Philosophy is Dog Shit. Your Coaching Staff doesn't communicate with each other or have a plan! And your Minor League Development Coaches are teaching them something else... 

Burn it Down Perry!

Sell, Sell, Sell, I mean the Team Arte! Not the Players...

Perry has a chance to make it right in the off-season, regarding MLB manager/coaches.

Make sure everyone is on the same page, and treat ST 2023 as starting over with no looking back.