• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Brandon Marsh to the Phillies for Logan O'Hoppe

BTH

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I can't shake the feeling that this is going to hurt a bit down the road - that the Angels jumped ship on Marsh too quickly.

O'Hoppe is a solid prospect, but I'm a bit leery of his park inflated stats. Still, he looks like a future average regular, which is a nice asset to have as a catcher.

But with Marsh, the potential is still there for stardom. If he can focus on making contact and getting on base, with his defense he's going to be an impact player.

I agree

I dunno about stardom, but I agree

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yes, agreed. I see Marsh's upside as higher than O'Hoppe's, but O'Hoppe's floor as probably higher, if only because his floor--a decent platoon catcher--is more valuable than Marsh's (4th outfielder).

So now we have:

2023-24 (Maybe 2025): Stassi/O'Hoppe

2025/26-on: O'Hoppe/Quero

The biggest downside is that "O'Hoppe" is annoying to type.

I like Marsh, I think he gets it figured out.  But a lot of his value was tied into playing CF.  The reason I was okay with the idea of moving him for a similarly talented C a couple years ago had a lot to do with Mike Trout being in CF.

If they ultimately end up with similar upsides at least with "No Beard", there isn't a question regarding where he will play.  An argument could also be made that it extends the years of control given 2022 is now a wasted season.

Right now it just seems like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.