• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Fletcher

For me - Fletch is a great piece to fit in a healthy and solid line-up that's clicking.  A line-up that includes: Trout, Ohtani, Rendon, Rengifo, Walsh...

If you're counting on him as a centerpiece in a thin line-up (see last night), you're going to be disappointed and frustrated...

You need these types of pieces to make a deep run in the playoffs (think S. Speizio, M. Lemke, K. Lofton, C. Taylor, etc)... guys that put the ball in play and make things happen...

9 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Fletcher is a 2-3 WAR player in my opinion. Good enough to start but preferably a utility guy on a team with playoff aspirations

we have much bigger problems than him

Ok, let's take that 2-3 war player and put him into a lineup where every player achieves 2-3 war. There are no Trout's, or Ohtani's at DH, just 2-3 war players in every lineup card. How many wins over a straight 162 game season does that lend itself to?

A 2-3 war player is not a platoon player. You guys have lost your collective minds as to how many teams have a lineup card where they can bench a 2-3 war player.

Fletcher's splits

Duration AB R H HR RBI BB SO SB AVG OBP SLG
Last 7 Games 22 2 7 2 8 0 1 0 .318 .348 .636
Last 15 Games 48 6 13 2 11 1 3 0 .271 .300 .458
Last 30 Games 70 6 17 2 12 3 4 0 .243 .284 .429
Duration                      
Last 7 Games                      
Last 15 Games                      
Last 30 Games                      

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 4:05 PM, Deek said:

For me - Fletch is a great piece to fit in a healthy and solid line-up that's clicking.  A line-up that includes: Trout, Ohtani, Rendon, Rengifo, Walsh...

If you're counting on him as a centerpiece in a thin line-up (see last night), you're going to be disappointed and frustrated...

You need these types of pieces to make a deep run in the playoffs (think S. Speizio, M. Lemke, K. Lofton, C. Taylor, etc)... guys that put the ball in play and make things happen...

I get your point, but you do realize Kenny Lofton was a perennial all star much better than those other guys you mentioned. If the Angels had a Kenny Lofton we would be light years better and score way more runs. 

12 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

I get your point, but you do realize Kenny Lofton was a perennial all star much better than those other guys you mentioned. If the Angels had a Kenny Lofton we would be light years better and score way more runs. 

Kenny Lofton was criminally underrated.  10th best bWAR among CFers, but he played in the middle of the steroid era and his HR totals were human so people think he was some slappy David Eckstein type.

Absolute witch defensively too.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Kenny Lofton was criminally underrated.  10th best bWAR among CFers, but he played in the middle of the steroid era and his HR totals were human so people think he was some slappy David Eckstein type.

Absolute witch defensively too.

Thank god for that because his flyout in Game 7 looked like a HR off the bat to me. 

Granted I had only been really following baseball for a few years before that but at the time...

5 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Serious props to David.  I had totally given up on the guy but he's looking like the Fletch of a couple years ago.  

I’d still like to see him take more walks, but it’s not a big deal if he’s just hitting like he is since returning from the IL (138 wRC+).

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

I love Velazquez out in the field as much as anybody pairing up with Fletcher, but we cannot have that glaring hole in the batting order.

Yep.

Maybe Velazquez can be a utility infielder next year, but he’s out of options and ideally Rengifo is the utility infielder with Fletcher at 2B and a new SS.