• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Fletcher

Anybody else done with the idea that this guy should be in a starting lineup?

The guy cannot hit.

Have to get through this season, but I sure hope the Angels are not planning on Fletcher being a reliable starting player next year.

He is a utility man at best.  That’s the only way I see him helping a team.

24 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I agree.  But is seems like Fletcher in particular gets a pass, because he is the beloved David Fletcher, and I don’t think he should.

I don't think he does here. 

Social media though is fucking obsessed with the guy for some reason. "WhErEs fLeTcHeR" every fucking game.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yeah that’s fine.  I am past being optimistic on him though.

So what if he went 4 for 5 yesterday, would you be creating a thread saying the same thing? Or are you basing this all off yesterday? 

Seems like an impulse reaction because he didn't come through with runners in scoring position yesterday---just like the rest of the team.

I, for one, was glad to see him crack that first pitch and stretch it into a double. I'm not even in the Fletcher circle jerk, but yeesh, give him a couple weeks.

If he hits over .250 and is a pest on the bases and still has his good glove it's better than what we've got there now. 

20 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

So what if he went 4 for 5 yesterday, would you be creating a thread saying the same thing? Or are you basing this all off yesterday? 

Seems like an impulse reaction because he didn't come through with runners in scoring position yesterday---just like the rest of the team.

I, for one, was glad to see him crack that first pitch and stretch it into a double. I'm not even in the Fletcher circle jerk, but yeesh, give him a couple weeks.

If he hits over .250 and is a pest on the bases and still has his good glove it's better than what we've got there now. 

I am basing it off Fletcher has sucked for a long time now and I think the optimism that Fletcher coming back means anything positive for the lineup is foolish.  He can’t hit.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am basing it off Fletcher has sucked for a long time now and I think the optimism that Fletcher coming back means anything positive for the lineup is foolish.  He can’t hit.

He's shown he can have success at this level with the bat. The hope is that he can get back to being that guy, because if he can then he would be a big boost to a lineup starved for hitters.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think the hope was that his suckage was due to his hip. Now that his hip is "fixed", I think we're waiting to see if he starts hitting better.

I think at a *minimum* the Angels need to bring in a legitimate every day middle infielder for next year.  Rengifo both in performance and toolset looks like he should get 2B.  Fletcher is maybe a passing/good utility player.  There’s a good chance he’s not that.  They’re going to get a guy that’s a legit everyday major leaguer or it’s just the same old bullshit.  No, it’s not ideal.  Sucks to suck.  Stop being doing shit at developing your own players. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

25 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think the hope was that his suckage was due to his hip. Now that his hip is "fixed", I think we're waiting to see if he starts hitting better.

Yes I know.  Normally I am more of a glass-is-half-full type, but my real gut tells me it wasn’t the hip.

I hope I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes I know.  Normally I am more of a glass-is-half-full type, but my real gut tells me it wasn’t the hip.

I hope I am wrong.

They were just going to bench him but figured it made more sense to have him go get a surgery he needed instead. It’s a hail marry.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think at a *minimum* the Angels need to bring in a legitimate every day middle infielder for next year.  Rengifo both in performance and toolset looks like he should get 2B.  Fletcher is maybe a passing/good utility player.  There’s a good chance he’s not that.  They’re going to get a guy that’s a legit everyday major leaguer or it’s just the same old bullshit.  No, it’s not ideal.  Sucks to suck.  Stop being doing shit at developing your own players. 

Didn't Correa sign a 1 year deal?

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

After 7 losing seasons, Ohtani going to test FA yes. I have said that many times. Minasian said Angels on the cusp of winning and that is BS.

We don’t quite understand.  Can you restate this a few more times verbatim?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I hope I am wrong.

Your gut needs to tell you to wait longer than one game to see how he responds to the surgery. 

5 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Fletcher led the Angels in hits 2019, 2020, and 2021 and some are still shitting on him. He's the new Howie Kendrick. 

I'm hoping an injury was the problem and we get a nice player back. 

That's...what everyone is hoping for.