• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 6/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, Lou said:

Did anyone watch the first episode of Perry Mason (HBO)?

On 6/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, Slegnaac said:

I thought it was okay.  Need to see a few more epispdes to see where it goes.  Interesting that Angels Flight was included.  

Watched the first 2 episodes. I'm really liking the show. Matthew Rhys (The Americans) is very good as Mason.

4 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Haha. Maybe he will, maybe not. Have you seen it before?

No, none of us have. Not even familiar with the music. That won’t stop him from asking a myriad of questions (loudly) and talking about whatever else.

Im planning on rewatching it again during the week.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

No, none of us have. Not even familiar with the music. That won’t stop him from asking a myriad of questions (loudly) and talking about whatever else.

Why not watch it without him first?

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

Nice. It's such a well thought out production. So much talent. The stage is simple but so well used.

11 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Nice. It's such a well thought out production. So much talent. The stage is simple but so well used.

Boy, that was really a different way to tell the story. We all liked it, especially George III (He was hilarious) and Thomas Jefferson. Didn’t know about his son and that part of the story. The music was non traditional but worked well. The revolving stage was a novel idea and was utilized well. Really liked the song about being in the room. 

The amount of memorization for this production must have been staggering for the primary actors, but boy did they pull it off well.

glad we didn’t spend a kings ransom to go see it in person.

36 minutes ago, Lou said:

The Alienist S2 begins July 19th.

It'll be easy to remember because it's Benedict Cumberbatch's birthday.

And Lizzie Borden's.

More people here will probably remember July 19 for this memorable moment: 1860 1st railroad reaches Kansas

1 hour ago, Lou said:

The Alienist S2 begins July 19th.

It'll be easy to remember because it's Benedict Cumberbatch's birthday.

And Lizzie Borden's.

38 minutes ago, Tank said:

More people here will probably remember July 19 for this memorable moment: 1860 1st railroad reaches Kansas

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

giphy (43).gif

Lou before that initial post:

domino-experiment1.jpg

19 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

just finished a rewatch of moore's BSG. 

first time in 10 years, and i think it has aged well.  

I've gotten the itch to re-watch it as well. After GoT ended so poorly I've gone back and forth on which series I thought was 'better.' While both series kind of fizzle out, in my memory BSG actually has the better, more well sustained high points. The Pegasus and New Caprica arcs are as good as anything ever put to film, and the climatic mutiny is nearly as good. 

19 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just finished S3 of Dark 

Strange show. They dragged it on way too long.

I'm a few episodes in and I have that unsettling feeling you might be right.

Spoiler

There is a problem with villains in the story. They introduce one, humanize them, then feel the need to introduce another. Expanding the story might be the only way to make it work rationally but it is coming at the expense of over complicating it. Having multiple versions of the same person is slowly creating inconsistencies. Some things are better left unseen... like, why is middle Jonas trying to build a time machine in the 1800's? The dude is a high school time traveler with no knowledge of physics.