• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Marcella  I'm on the fence on this one.  Season 1 and 2 is a standard british type crime drama.  Except the main character has a flaw that is pretty dramatic.  It's actually pretty amazing that she does these things and still has a job type dramatic.  Then season 3 goes off the rails.  It's a good show if you can get over the believability of the main character.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Marcella  I'm on the fence on this one.  Season 1 and 2 is a standard british type crime drama.  Except the main character has a flaw that is pretty dramatic.  It's actually pretty amazing that she does these things and still has a job type dramatic.  Then season 3 goes off the rails.  It's a good show if you can get over the believability of the main character.

I agree. I talked about it earlier on this thread. Got way out there. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

The guy who loves sci-fi and zombies doesn't think Marcella is believable.

Funny. 

I can't speak for Marcella because I haven't seen it, but I disagree with your premise. A show sets it's own rules, unbelievable shows are the ones that break their own rules.

We accept the zombies as a foundational aspect of a show's premise. That doesn't mean we accept all plot holes or inconsistent characterization within it.

20 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I can't speak for Marcella because I haven't seen it, but I disagree with your premise. A show sets it's own rules, unbelievable shows are the ones that break their own rules.

We accept the zombies as a foundational aspect of a show's premise. That doesn't mean we accept all plot holes or inconsistent characterization within it.

gotbeer does 

There Are No Fakes - documentary about an art forging ring in Canada that put out hundreds if not a few thousand fake paintings by Norval Morrisseau who was a native artist.  The whole thing gained serious steam when one of the guys from the Bare Naked Ladies bought what he thought was an original only to find out it was a fake.  There's a lot more to the story than just fake art and some of it is really screwed up as far as taking advantage of various people but I would definitely recommend it.

The Business of Amateurs - documentary about college athletes notably football players.  The guy who put it together is a former Trojan and there's a few other USC and UCLA players interviewed in it.  None of what happens as far as how some of these people get treated when they need help is surprising and it really just reinforces the belief that schools are more concerned with making money as opposed to doing what's right by student athletes. 

18 hours ago, Redondo said:

Watching S3 of Dark.

Strange show and difficult to follow the numerous time lines. On top of reading the CC. Which skips some important dialog. 

I binged S2 right after S1 which made it easier to follow. Waited over a year for season 3 and I'm having trouble following all the different timelines. I'm hopping it all comes together in the end. 

Netflix:  Dark Season 3  It was really good.  But confusing.  I think a refresher course in season 1 and 2 would have made it a lot better.  But so many angles.  It sounds like this is it for the show, and they ended it like it was over, but left just enough open for a maybe continuation.  

If you haven't seen it at all, it's a great show to binge.

I’m zipping through a pseudo rewatch of seasons 1 and 2 and I think I might need to go back and rewatch it all again just to get everything. 😂

Spoiler

it’s incredibly difficult because you are juggling multiple timelines, with convoluted character relationships between them.

i think essentially it comes down to the young people in the present fighting to fix the timeline against their future selves in the past fighting to retain it.

36 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Half way through Season 2 of 24.  Kids are loving it and it's been so long, I am surprised by a lot of what goes on having forgotten most of it.  

Where are you watching it? 

On 7/2/2020 at 11:54 AM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Dark Season 3  It was really good.  But confusing.  I think a refresher course in season 1 and 2 would have made it a lot better.  But so many angles.  It sounds like this is it for the show, and they ended it like it was over, but left just enough open for a maybe continuation.  

If you haven't seen it at all, it's a great show to binge.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/dark-season-3-preview