• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 7/7/2020 at 3:18 PM, Lou said:

17% on rotten tomatoes

The movie "Gerry" had  61% on RT and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  

So... I'll form my own opinion.

Righteous Kill...

DeNiro and Pacino... should be great right?

Well not even close to being as good as "Heat" where the two were awesome together.

Still... not a bad movie.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but there’s an actual history program being aired on The History Channel right now — World War II: Race to Victory.

I love the Hitler Channel.

Actually, I'm watching Grant right now. It's a 3-part series about our boy Ulysses.

Netflix:  Warrior Nun  Stupid title.  But the series was enjoyable.  A heaven and hell series, so if you like angels and devils or that type of mythos, it might be a good one for you.  Not enough sexy kick ass nuns in spandex though.  The main characters storyline kind of gets too drawn out.  But lot's of sidestories that come together in the end, but still leaves a lot of stories unanswered.  

Amazon:  7500  Suspense thriller movie about a hijacking.  Takes place in only two sets, the cockpit and the area outside the cockpit.  Overall, pretty well done.  Worth it if you are looking for a movie to fill in the gaps between shows.

Cloud Atlas

Recently added to Netflix, I had dismissed this film when it first came out, but I've got a couple recommendations for it lately. 

Talk about ambitious. This film tells several concurrent stories taking place, in some cases, hundred if not thousands of years apart. Each story has many of the same actors playing different people, which is weird... especially when some are playing white then asian, or male then female. The makeup required to transform these actors into totally different people is a little distracting. That said there is something powerful about the idea presented here, I only wish that it was put in the hands of more capable directors. The Wachowski's keep it coherent but the result feels a little heavy handed without the depth I feel a story like this should have. I'll have to check out the book.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Cloud Atlas

Recently added to Netflix, I had dismissed this film when it first came out, but I've got a couple recommendations for it lately. 

Talk about ambitious. This film tells several concurrent stories taking place, in some cases, hundred if not thousands of years apart. Each story has many of the same actors playing different people, which is weird... especially when some are playing white then asian, or male then female. The makeup required to transform these actors into totally different people is a little distracting. That said there is something powerful about the idea presented here, I only wish that it was put in the hands of more capable directors. The Wachowski's keep it coherent but the result feels a little heavy handed without the depth I feel a story like this should have. I'll have to check out the book.

I remember we messed with someone here about Cloud Atlas 2, something we completely made up and others ran with.