• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Is that the Studio Movie Grill?

yeah, that's it. nice idea but with my special dietary needs, plus the fact that i'm a really cheap person makes it a place i very likely won't go back to.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

yeah, that's it. nice idea but with my special dietary needs, plus the fact that i'm a really cheap person makes it a place i very likely won't go back to.

I usually walk next door to the Laemmle's for $6 ticket tuesday. You can grab a beer at the snack stand and there are a hundred other places to eat in the neighborhood. I haven't tried SMG myself, but the reviews of the place are not all that good. 

MidSommar

Finally got around to this one. Reminded me a lot of the short story "The Lottery" that I remember reading in high school, only this doesn't have quite the punch. Considering who made the film and the genre you kind of know what you are getting yourself into when you put the movie on and I only wish there could've been a little more misdirection. All in all it was just weird enough to earn a thumbs up from me.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:01 PM, Tank said:

for some theaters it's a few bucks more. and if it's a 3D movie, add on another $3-5.

there are also theaters that have waiter service and some high end food & drink options available. went to one of those theaters here in glendale. i think it was $22 plus whatever food and drink you ordered. got the truffle french fries and a brownie all for the bargain price of about $12. won't do that again.

Alamo Drafthouse is where it's at. There's a new one in LA that looks nice, but it's probably out of the way for most of y'all. 

Just finished season 1 of Dogs of Berlin on Netflix

It moves really fast and the closed caption has trouble keeping up at times.  It's in German so you need the CC.

The show started off all over the place, but the writers brought it home at the end of the series. The immigration of Turks has a lot to do with the series and the racial divide it's causing.

Kurt Grimmer is a another in a long list of flawed detectives. But he really has issues.

@Lou and I seem to enjoy these type of foreign detective series. I will be looking for more.

Good show to watch.

finishing up season 3 of The Good Fight.  

it's gone into full satire mode, which i actually like.  

there's a scene where a witness tries to turn their testimony into an ASMR session in order to turn on a judge who's into it.  terrific. 

Netflix: Medical Police 

This is crap. Mostly production quality, script, finish work is crap. It looks like they took the raw footage and never bothered with a colortiming pass. It is so horribly inconsistent I would be embarrassed to associated with this shit work. 

Movie:  1917  I've seen all of the best picture noms except LIttle Women and Parasite.  And this one would be my pick.  It's kind of a tense movie, and was made for the big screen.  The opening sequence was phenomenal.  I think it lasted 20-30 minutes if not longer in one take, or I should say the camera not changing.  It doesn't sound like much, but considering what was in those 20-30 minutes.  Man I was floored.  It wasn't as gritty as the opening sequence to Saving Private Ryan, but it still showed the horrors of war quite well.  Overall, this was an excellent war movie.  And IMO, Mendez should win Director easy.  That's how good I thought his sequences were.  Definitely a theater movie.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is crap. Mostly production quality, script, finish work is crap. It looks like they took the raw footage and never bothered with a colortiming pass. It is so horribly inconsistent I would be embarrassed to associated with this shit work. 

Says the guy who works for 

[gets pistol-whipped by Blarg]

Netflix:  Pandemic:  How to Prevent an Outbreak  A docuseries about mainly the flu virus.  But also touching on the Measles and Ebola.  First off, after watching this, you will want to wash your hands thoroughly and wonder if those sniffles you have should be seen by a doctor.  it's a really informative view of the fight against commutable diseases around the world from all different types of viewpoints.  And it really spotlights just how dangerous any type of commutable disease can be, even if it seems pretty harmless.  They look at the WHO fighting Ebola, to disease control in the middle East, to India, big cities like NY, total rural areas like a small county in Oklahoma, to research firms, and antivaxxers.  This series is pre corona virus, but they pretty much nailed it on the head on where they think new strains will start.   Definitely worth a watch, especially with what's in the news now.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, Blarg said:

This is a spin off from Children's Hospital. I don't know about the financial situation of this show but the original Children's Hospital videos were all just released online with little to no monetization. I think this is the aesthetic they are going for even if they have some nice netflix money now.