• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Started Fortitude on Amazon

About a town in the Arctic that has some things disrupt the peaceful city. It's in English but I still use CC. The Brits will say some things that I miss if I don't.

@Lou you will see some familiar faces.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fortitude+amazon+prime

On 2/14/2020 at 5:41 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Watched Big Fish which I've seen multiple times but haven't watched it in probably 5 years.  Always liked it and it's one of those movies I enjoy more each time I watch it. 

Saw that movie at The Grove and bumped into Jason Alexander while putting butter on my popcorn. He said “Where are the napkins? There’s never a enough napkins!’” while flailing his arm everywhere. Total Seinfeld style moment. That dude didn’t have to act in that show. He was just himself. 

12 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Saw that movie at The Grove and bumped into Jason Alexander while putting butter on my popcorn. He said “Where are the napkins? There’s never a enough napkins!’” while flailing his arm everywhere. Total Seinfeld style moment. That dude didn’t have to act in that show. He was just himself. 

That story is epic, if true.

13 hours ago, Lhalo said:

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

That story is epic, if true.

george costanza seinfeld GIF

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

It would be an odd lie for me to make up. That's for sure.

To be fair I was trying to pull up a Coco The Monkey gif, where he is swinging his arms in the air. I couldn't find a good one, and saw that gif, and just went with it. 

george costanza monkey GIF

The Stranger

This is a new British show on Netflix about a man who is approached by a stranger who tells him that his wife had faked her pregnancy and ensuing miscarriage. This stranger goes around outing other people's secrets and causing people all sorts of trouble. Meanwhile there is a decapitated alpaca, a naked boy unconscious in the forest and a developer trying to force an old man out of his home in order to build some luxury condos. The plot thickens from there. This is a sort of classic mystery / thriller, where the main characters are trying to put all the pieces together while the plot is shifting around so quickly that I found myself binging the show to keep up.

While the ride is quite fun the story is juggling a lot of pieces that ultimately don't matter and exist more for distraction, while a lot of pieces that do matter are explained away rather conveniently. I can forgive a lot of it for what was ultimately an enjoyable show but by the closing credits I felt a little let down. This is actually a pretty strong recommend for anyone who isn't quite as nitpicky as I am.

8 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

ALF is one of those shows that never had a real series finale. The final episode of the last season ended with ALF being captured, and was non-renewed prior to the next season. 

Perhaps they'll do a movie, like Deadwood