• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  October Faction  I don't know.  This had potential, kind of a men in black with things like vampires, werewolves, demons, sorcerers, etc.  But the teens are just annoying, and it jumped the shark pretty quickly.  This is probably a hard pass for most of you.  And when I say most of you, I mean only Lou should have to suffer through it.  

By the title, I thought this was going to be about Mossad until I read the plot description.

I passed. 

The Two Popes:

Talk about a surprisingly great film. Well acted and well written this is a perfect film for our hyper-partisan times. Perhaps our lack of progress politically isn’t due to ‘the other side’ but rather our inability to put aside our own egos, sit down and really listen to each other.

Francis’ origin story was also a bit more powerful than I had known. It takes strength to stand up and admit when you are wrong, especially when you were blinded by idealism and others suffered for it.

Netflix:  Diablero Season 1 and 2  A Mexican series about some demon hunters.  Interesting story, but kind of corny.  This is more of a if you are interested in the supernatural god and demons type series, then you will probably be interested in this.  Otherwise, it's probably a pass.  

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Diablero Season 1 and 2  A Mexican series about some demon hunters.  Interesting story, but kind of corny.  This is more of a if you are interested in the supernatural god and demons type series, then you will probably be interested in this.  Otherwise, it's probably a pass.  

chupacabra!

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So like a lower budget version than from dusk to dawn?

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

9.5/10

It's really, really good. Also, I'll never watch it again.

Spoiler

Try watching it to count the times they did a camera cut. It took some true cinematography, directing and acting to reel off so many scenes without resorting to multiple camera angles to get the next act set up. The effect is you are literally following the entire event as it happens. 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, RallyMo said:

9.5/10

It's really, really good. Also, I'll never watch it again.

saw it last night. excellent movie. I liked the cinematography a lot and the way it was filmed.

I especially liked that it was devoid of stars so that the focus was more on the story than on the stars. this was a compelling movie and the journey of Will was incredible, amazing, and horrifying.

Parasite

I've been trying to catch this one for awhile, and while I think it lived up the the hype I feel like I would've liked it a lot better if I hadn't gone into it with high expectations. 

That said, this is a movie that checks all the boxes for me. It's well shot, well acted and it's presentation might just earn Bong Joon Ho an Oscar tonight. As others have pointed out this is very much a comedy for the first 1/3rd of the film and it isn't until later that the more dramatic elements make their way to the surface. I think that description rather subtly sums up the cleverness of the film. The consistent use of vertical imagery, gravity, of light vs dark, builds up what was a comedic story about a poor family taking advantage of a rich one and turns it into a balanced examination of class. It is certainly a film that leaves you with a lot to think about.