• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Degenerates  So far, 2 seasons.  Each episode is about a 20 minute set for different comedians.  Some are hilarious.  Most not.  Worth watching for the hilarious ones.  

I’m curious about the new season. I watched season 1 at a car wash, and just remember Big Jay Oakerson, but I’m bias as I like him anyway. I don’t remember Christina P too well and while Joey Diaz is an animal, his standup wasn’t on point.

But this new season has some solid people and some I’m curious about or never got around to listening. I know Andrew Schulz is doing a Degenerates season, but looks like the next one and not season 2.

Netflix:  Giri/Haji (Duty/Shame)  A Japanese series, about two brothers, one a cop, one a wanna be Yakuza.  It's setting is partially Japan, but mostly Britain.  Half of it is subtitled, and the other half in a British accent, so you might as well subtitle the whole thing.  Plot line is kind of out there.  It seems that the British or the Japanese police can't catch a cold.  Also it seems for two countries that aren't supposed to have guns, a gun is easily and readily available.  This is also one of those everyone is random, then they slowly come together into some sort of 6 degrees of Bacon.  Probably not for everyone.  Lou could probably give a better recommendation or not. 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:24 AM, Sam Sanchez said:

Marriage Story was probably my #3 movie of the year so I’ll support the best picture nod there. Still need to catch up with 1917 and Ford v Ferrari from that list though have no real interest in Ford v Ferrari to be honest

If you like good acting you will love Bale’s performance in F v F.

46 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

If you like good acting you will love Bale’s performance in F v F.

I am a fan of Bale in general so I don’t think I’d hate it but just a movie I think at most I would just think was decent . I guess most I’ve heard about it was that it was better than expected with a great Bale performance. I still plan to check it out at some time just not sure when. Maybe some time before the Oscars as that and 1917 are the main two movies of note that I haven’t seen yet 

Netflix:  Killer Inside:  The Mind of Aaron Hernandez  Docuseries about Aaron Hernandez.  Man, was he F'd up.  Or it could be he was just a Gator and Patriot and was acting normal.  In any case, another good Netflix documentary about a murderer.  So if you are into that kind of stuff, then this should be a good one for you.  

On 1/15/2020 at 1:04 PM, Lou said:

are there people that don't like good acting?

Having a lost look on your face and speaking in a monotone husky voice in hipster movies doesn’t equal good wise beyond years acting.  Scar Jo is the hipster J Lo and Madonna.  She’s always been bland and boring.

Doesnt help that Baumbachs movies are the same whiny privileged first world problem movies.  Squid And The Whale was torture.

23 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

Having a lost look on your face and speaking in a monotone husky voice in hipster movies doesn’t equal good wise beyond years acting.  Scar Jo is the hipster J Lo and Madonna.  She’s always been bland and boring.

Doesnt help that Baumbachs movies are the same whiny privileged first world problem movies.  Squid And The Whale was torture.

Anyone?