• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for TWO seasons

mmc

51 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's already explained why he did those things. 

Then mlb didn't buy it or they have other motives.  They're in a position to make him do it again and defend or incriminate himself to public opinion while salvaging their own reputation as much as they can.  If I think Bauer is a weirdo, it's not gonna change how I view mlb's stance on him.  Mlb is worried about all the other people that might change their perception and whether they get supported.  They don't like him.  They don't like what he did.  They don't think other people like him or like what he did.  So they're gonna make him jump through every hoop possible to defend himself.  It doesn't seem consistent by any stretch on the surface but at the end of the day, they really don't have to be. 

If people think this 'code of conduct' and policy on domestic abuse, assault etc made by mlb is there to protect the actual victims in any of these situations, they are deluding themselves.  It's there to protect the product in the court of public opinion and actual courts.    

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If people think this 'code of conduct' and policy on domestic abuse, assault etc made by mlb is there to protect the actual victims in any of these situations, they are deluding themselves.  It's there to protect the product in the court of public opinion and actual courts.

I agree.

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

of course

9 minutes ago, cals said:

If this was a worry for Bauer he wouldn't be suing the whore and her lawyer. 

he's not worried and mlb doesn't care.  all the more reason why mlb is doing what they're doing.  His suspension isn't because they think it's appropriate relative to what bauer has done but what they think is appropriate to protect themselves.  

5 minutes ago, cals said:

That's a dangerous position to take, frankly.  Shit like that gets you sued.

Which is why I posted this about the Dodgers' statement:

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Well, you can put the Dodgers on the list of defendants.

I for one don't really care what happens to Bauer. He and his legal team have been arrogant and smug throughout the whole thing. Yes you may say we would be the same way if you knew you were innocent but still; not really a likeable person to 'support' if that is what any choose to do.

Also, hasn't he himself admitted to some of the allegations or did I misremember that?

So, integrity of the game is not as important as sending a message regarding sexual predilections?  No Astros players were suspended as a result of their cheating, and MLB tried to cover up the Yankees doing something similar. 

If MLB has more information (as some have alluded) then Bauer’s suit will certainly bring that to light. It doesn’t sound like Bauer or his team are afraid of that happening.  

Bauer is a POS as a person, but this seems ridiculous. I see MLB reducing the suspension to just this season only but that may not be enough for Bauer. 

3 hours ago, cals said:

Understand this: Unless MLB has information we don't have, which it may, then it has suspended Bauer for engaging in legal, consensual sexual behavior.

Agreed. But I have to wonder (doubt) they do.... 

Hard to believe after a year TMZ wouldnt have whatever dirt there was.