• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for TWO seasons

mmc

Just now, cals said:

The problem they face is even if MLB has something shocking in their possession, obviously the cops and the DA have it too and charges weren’t filed.  Which gets us back to him being suspended for legal but distasteful behavior.  Quite a dangerous precedent.

Yep, like I said, he should have married the skank first.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

It’s possible they do.  I imagine we will find out.  Personally I doubt it, but we will see.

The old CBA's stance on disciplinary action was A - does the penalty fit the crime and B - how does it compare to previous decisions.

I'm with you, I can't imagine what they would have in order to go two years...

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Proclaiming your innocence is now considered an asshole attitude.

Got it. 

Are you saying he's not an asshole? Proclaiming innocence is not an asshole attitude, but the guy has always been an ass.

I mean that's one of the reasons I wanted the Angels to sign him, cuz this pitching staff needed an edge... but I didn't know he liked to beat up women (whether consent was given or not).

Just now, Hubs said:

Are you saying he's not an asshole? Proclaiming innocence is not an asshole attitude, but the guy has always been an ass.

I mean that's one of the reasons I wanted the Angels to sign him, cuz this pitching staff needed an edge... but I didn't know he liked to beat up women (whether consent was given or not).

What specifically makes him an asshole?

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ozuna only did the classes because they were court-ordered. He was arrested and charged - two things that never happened to Bauer. 

I don't remember all the details but I recall there being police criticism and potential falsifying evidence in Ozuna's case. 

Regardless of what was mandated or not, Ozuna went on camera and apologized, said all the right things, and is keeping his mouth shut.

I don't envision Bauer doing any of that. 

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

I don't remember all the details but I recall there being police criticism and potential falsifying evidence in Ozuna's case. 

Regardless of what was mandated or not, Ozuna went on camera and apologized, said all the right things, and is keeping his mouth shut.

That's because he did something illegal. 

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Ozuna got over because his wife made excuses stood up for him.  

the difference is that mlb doesn't have to prove anything.  A prosecution has to believe they can prove what is being said or done.  

MLB can believe what the other person said and not believe Bauer.  

I really believe a big component of this is that no one like him and they're fine with making him fight for the right to be completely and utterly unapologetic about any of this.  

This totally seems wildly inconsistent with other instances where mlb has attempted to employ this policy.  

In the Astros scandal, mlb players admitted to cheating and not a damn thing was done.  It's not the same of course, but again, in this case, I don't think mlb cares if they lose as determined by a judge or through some sort of arbitration process.  They generally get to save face with the majority of their fan base, the dogs, and probably a lot of players.  If he gets reinstated, then it's on the dogs to either play or release him.  Either way, mlb can say they tried.  

They're just weighing risk on either side.  And the risk of 'only' giving him a 20 game suspension was likely far greater in their estimation of doing what they did.  

Maybe there are some details that aren't public.  Ones that don't make him guilty of a crime but ones that are pretty foul.  So mlb's thought is, fine, let him take us to court and then he can publicly explain why he felt justified in doing those creepy things.  

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

You're not that dumb, are you?  Conviction in the sense that you're using it is a legal term.  They suspended him under the terms of the collectively bargained agreement. 

No, I wasn't using it as a legal term.

Are you stupid?