• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for TWO seasons

mmc

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I do suspect that he’s going to win some kind of legal settlement.  That MLB is willing to eat that instead of having him back in a major league uniform and back on a major league field.  I mean, they’ve looked past a lot of bad stuff.  The people who run MLB are not the “woke mob”……. they’ve figured out what he costs the league and having him around is worse then even eating shit on a hundred million.  Which, I doubt he gets all of.  

No matter how his 2 year suspension plays out there will be multiple teams who'll be willing to give him a contract. You have to think Bauer was already a nuisance when his time with the Reds ended and even still the best team in the league made him the highest paid player because of his pitching abilities. Just don't see every MLB team coming together and agreeing to blackball him for the next 6+ years.      

14 minutes ago, nothing, Nothing said:

No matter how his 2 year suspension plays out there will be multiple teams who'll be willing to give him a contract. You have to think Bauer was already a nuisance when his time with the Reds ended and even still the best team in the league made him the highest paid player because of his pitching abilities. Just don't see every MLB team coming together and agreeing to blackball him for the next 6+ years.      

Ya I mean, I’m not going to say that I think we know for sure what the environment will look like in 2 years.  Everything changes so quickly now.  But based on what we know today.  I think he’s probably done as a major league player.  It just seems unlikely to me that anyone is going to bother with him.  Could definitely be the case that I’m wrong about that though. 

10 minutes ago, cals said:

Had MLB reinstated him yesterday and the dodgers dropped him or kept him and he played right away, I doubt anyone would have cared.  He didn’t commit a crime and was the victim of a crime.  MLB has now turned this into a circus.  Frankly it’s on them at this point, not Bauer.

I mean maybe.  I said in another post that I thought probably the best path forward was letting him play and making him agree to being quiet about the whole thing.  But now they’ve done this so it makes me wonder what else they know about him.  Would you be surprised if there’s more ?  I wouldn’t be surprised.  We’re just speculating about what may or may not have happened.  Maybe it would have been a huge mess.  Or maybe it would just gone away like you’re saying.  <shrugs> 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean maybe.  I said in another post that I thought probably the best path forward was letting him play and making him agree to being quiet about the whole thing.  But now they’ve done this so it makes me wonder what else they know about him.  Would you be surprised if there’s more ?  I wouldn’t be surprised.  We’re just speculating about what may or may not have happened.  Maybe it would have been a huge mess.  Or maybe it would just gone away like you’re saying.  <shrugs> 

I think you're right.

32 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

How do you see how many posts someone has in a thread?

Look in the upper right hand corner of a page in the thread.  You should see a section labeled "Top Posters in this Topic."  As I type this, cals already has 43 posts in this thread, with Lou next at 25.

56 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Look in the upper right hand corner of a page in the thread.  You should see a section labeled "Top Posters in this Topic."  As I type this, cals already has 43 posts in this thread, with Lou next at 25.

Top Posters In This Topic