• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for TWO seasons

mmc

It makes a lot of sense for Bauer to fight this. At about $250,000 per game in salary, it won’t take much of a reduction in the suspension to make it a financially smart move.

If I were representing Bauer, my strategy would be two-fold. First, I would get into the details of the evidence upon which they  found policy violations. This is obvious, of course, but I think you have to attack every single piece of evidence and make MLB take a position as to why they found Bauer’s accusers more credible than Bauer on each such item of evidence. Make MLB justify every single conclusion they reached by aggressively questioning their witnesses and the other evidence upon which they made their findings. And if the arbitrators find Bauer credible (and they might, even though everyone agrees he is an asshole), they might not be totally convinced of MLB’s factual conclusions.  Also, it’s one thing for these accusers to speak with an investigator over the phone, and another thing altogether to testify in person. Bauer may have an advantage if he testifies in the appeal (especially if that testimony goes un-rebutted by his accusers).

And second, and perhaps even more important, you have to attack the length of the suspension. You do this primarily by comparing Bauer’s case with others to show that he is being treated more harshly than others who have been found to violate the policy. This should be easy to do. Make Manfred explain and try to justify why he is treating Bauer differently than others who have violated the policy. Even if Bauer gets just half a year trimmed from his suspension, that’s $20,000,000. 

Trevor Bauer can appeal 324-game suspension, but there's no returning to MLB | Opinion

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/trevor-bauer-appeal-324-game-215047233.html

It is the longest non-drug suspension of an active player since the 1919 Black Sox gambling scandal, and the strongest message ever sent in the seven-year history of MLB’s domestic violence policy.

If Bauer wasn't such a dick I bet he wouldn't have gotten a suspension and the MLBPA would be 100% advocating for him.

If he'd been more of a gentleman about all this you'd have to wonder if the outcome would be different. He's not a poor Black dude dealing with cops. He's a rich white male dealing with a good ol' boys club, the MLB. 

37 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If Bauer wasn't such a dick I bet he wouldn't have gotten a suspension and the MLBPA would be 100% advocating for him.

If he'd been more of a gentleman about all this you'd have to wonder if the outcome would be different. He's not a poor Black dude dealing with cops. He's a rich white male dealing with a good ol' boys club, the MLB. 

What are you talking about?

MLB is ran by the owners.  If the owners don't want Bauer in the league, it's the MLB Commissioner's responsibility to figure out how to make that happen.  The owners probably believe Bauer is bad for business.  I think it is that simple.

47 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He’s basically guilty of having a sexual deviance not supported by the woke mob. 

35 minutes ago, eligrba said:

What are you talking about?

MLB is ran by the owners.  If the owners don't want Bauer in the league, it's the MLB Commissioner's responsibility to figure out how to make that happen.  The owners probably believe Bauer is bad for business.  I think it is that simple.

Bad for business because he's not an MLB golden boy. Imagine if this had happened to Jeter.

I do suspect that he’s going to win some kind of legal settlement.  That MLB is willing to eat that instead of having him back in a major league uniform and back on a major league field.  I mean, they’ve looked past a lot of bad stuff.  The people who run MLB are not the “woke mob”……. they’ve figured out what he costs the league and having him around is worse then even eating shit on a hundred million.  Which, I doubt he gets all of.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Bad for business because he's not an MLB golden boy. Imagine if this had happened to Jeter.

No argument there.

However, I don't think it is because he is not a "golden boy."  I think MLB views him as unmarketable which, to me,  is a unique perspective considering some of the abhorrent behavior by other professional athletes who are allowed to continue playing in the NBA and NFL.