• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread (Eric Kay found GUILTY on both charges)

On 2/18/2022 at 9:55 PM, Lou said:

Denmark has the population the size of L.A. and San Diego.  It's foolish to think that because it works there it would work in the US.

i appreciate that, but i disagree that it's foolish. i think implementing some different, but successful strategies that have had better results with millions of people has some value in the discussion. america isn't one population, it's a collection of fifty populations. what are the populations of each of the other 49 states when compared to the total population of denmark or LA\SD? i'd bet the comparables are there.

I'm not talking about acceptance of drug use on a personal level. i'm talking about facing the facts of drug use and abuse, and why our war on drugs fails in america.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Again, Im open to the idea of it. And I agree that people should be free to fuck up their own lives.

But the counterpoint is up and down say Harbor Blvd right now. It basically is legal.

No cops are jamming anyone for being addicts, the bulk are either high or coming off of it, etc etc. The problem isnt them fucking up their lives though. Its the high people f*cking up everyone else's life.

Again, I know coke and heroin are alive and kicking across Europe. But they never got into meth and pcp....

And Europe for example has the same problems we do w heroin..... Europe has an estimated 150K homeless addicts (from Google). Thats with socialized health care, and less restrictive drug laws.

We can argue that people shouldnt be locked up for drugs, for sure. But its been like that in Ca for years, at least since I started in 06. Since 15 you dont even get a ticket anymore most of the time....

For all intents, it is legal here. And the problem has only gotten worse because of it.

totally and completely agreed. i sat and watched people shoot up yesterday right on the sidewalk. no fear of discovery or punishment, right out in the open, but it's not the use we're really talking about. it's the management of the use. we don't manage the use because we're too busy penalizing the users for their use. you and i both know the drug users are going to use. let's stop wasting your time as an officer making you penalize the selfish and/or the ill. let's put money and energy into managing the use, abuse, and the recovery for those who are wanting.

18 minutes ago, failos said:

One of the best characters in the show

Big time. Great story, and the actor himself nailed it.

Funny story. I met him outside the airport terminal in Budapest a few years ago. 

Started staring at him like "I know this guy". Asked him "weird question, but are you from California?"

He said "yeah", and I was like "I knew it! Damn, weve hung out before, do you know so and so, are you his buddy?"

He was like "no, Im an actor. I was in Ballers, we're here filming"

And I (who had been drunk for like 2 weeks) was like "no, thats not it"

He was actually super cool. Talked for about 20 minutes. Nice guy.

Now that I think about it, I randomly met Ving Rhames in London once, too. Same scenario (but I knew who he was immediately) 

I guess Europe is the place to go to meet big, bald black actors. 

Wonder where I need to go to meet Terry Crews

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny story. I met him outside the airport terminal in Budapest a few years ago. 

Started staring at him like "I know this guy". Asked him "weird question, but are you from California?"

He said "yeah", and I was like "I knew it! Damn, weve hung out before, do you know so and so, are you his buddy?"

Now that I think about it, I randomly met Ving Rhames in London once, too. Same scenario (but I knew who he was immediately) 

Luxembourg.

Long story.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Again, Im open to the idea of it. And I agree that people should be free to fuck up their own lives.

But the counterpoint is up and down say Harbor Blvd right now. It basically is legal.

No cops are jamming anyone for being addicts, the bulk are either high or coming off of it, etc etc. The problem isnt them fucking up their lives though. Its the high people f*cking up everyone else's life.

Again, I know coke and heroin are alive and kicking across Europe. But they never got into meth and pcp....

And Europe for example has the same problems we do w heroin..... Europe has an estimated 150K homeless addicts (from Google). Thats with socialized health care, and less restrictive drug laws.

We can argue that people shouldnt be locked up for drugs, for sure. But its been like that in Ca for years, at least since I started in 06. Since 15 you dont even get a ticket anymore most of the time....

For all intents, it is legal here. And the problem has only gotten worse because of it.

I don’t know that there is a way to manage it so that they fuck up their own lives, but not others’.  Like you point out, the problem is the impact the drug use has in non-users. Addicts are like zombies out there, willing to do anything for their next score.  

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If drugs could be taken in a vacuum, I’d be less opposed to their usage. But because of the huge impact on society in so many ways, I can’t support their legalization. I’d like to see the discussion move more to help for the users/addicts instead of punishment. If you commit a crime under the influence, no mercy. As for suppliers and dealers, punish them hard and shut them down - the use of their product is destructive. 

On 2/18/2022 at 12:33 PM, Taylor said:

They already have. Ever been to Indio?

On 2/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, mtangelsfan said:

I would never use "great place" and "Victorville" in the same sentence, paragraph, page, short story, novella or novel.

Not to mention in print or verbally.

It is much worse than Hesperia and just a very tiny step up from Phelan and Adelanto.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, wopphil said:

Adelanto is quite literally one of the worst cities to live in the entire state. 

I respectfully submit Nilland California as being the worst place having lived there for 6 months.   We would go to Brawley for a good time.  If California needed an enema, Niland  would be the insertion point.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:18 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

ah man you have the best stories. Did you end up talking about The Wire at all?

11 hours ago, failos said:

ah man you have the best stories. Did you end up talking about The Wire at all?

No. I totally stumbled. Had no idea who he was until he mentioned "Ballers". And I was like "oh yeah!" (And Ive never watched that show, but assumed thats where I knew him from)

Didnt put it together until I rewatched the wire... embarrassingly. 

1 hour ago, cals said:

During the week Big Bear is ok.  Weekends it's unbearable with vanloads of Mexicans clogging the sidewalks and filling restaurants with their party of 18's.  Not to mention the impromptu parties they have off the side of the road on Highway 38 and 18, leaving behind piles of soiled diapers.  Or the Asians driving with chains on totally clear and dry roads, just cutting into the asphalt.  Last but not least all the toothless white folks working at Stater Brothers and every other business in town.  Awesome!

can we get an "eat a dick" emoji?

1 hour ago, cals said:

During the week Big Bear is ok.  Weekends it's unbearable with vanloads of Mexicans clogging the sidewalks and filling restaurants with their party of 18's.  Not to mention the impromptu parties they have off the side of the road on Highway 38 and 18, leaving behind piles of soiled diapers.  Or the Asians driving with chains on totally clear and dry roads, just cutting into the asphalt.  Last but not least all the toothless white folks working at Stater Brothers and every other business in town.  Awesome!

I respect what you’ve done here.  🙏