• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread (Eric Kay found GUILTY on both charges)

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Weren’t they also trying to show that Kay was the go-to guy for those who wanted something? Several players testified that he was supplying drugs when asked. 

I don’t know.  Didn’t Harvey - who got immunity - testify that on at least one occasion he gave drugs to Skaggs.  Broadly speaking.  I think just a bunch of these guys were doing drugs.  I guess Kay was the key figure. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Also, ask yourselves this: If this shit all happened on the Rangers or Astros, would a Texas jury have been so quick to convict?  Or would they have thought more about protecting the teams?

Context question.  Is “Kay” in this Texas scenario a mentally disabled black man ? If so, my man is fucking frying in Texas . 

I would think the part where Skaggs' wife or mom (?) testified he was using in Arizona before he got to the Angels would be a huge issue in the civil case.

The other issue (I would think) would be establishing whether any of this happened at the park / during a game?

And I think the Angels could make the case they ate 100 million dollars kicking hamilton off the team for drug use as a "we dont tolerate drug use" argument.

Bottom line, its silly as hell to blame the org for this.

Bubba the clubhouse guy was selling sticky stuff to opposing pitchers when they played us.... I doubt the team knew about that, either.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I once handled a case against a major beer manufacturer.  My guy was driving and got hit by a truck driven by beer company.  He was seriously injured and about a year later he died.

During discovery it came out that my guy drank a shitload of beer company’s beer and then they tried to argue his liver and kidney injuries that ultimately lead to his demise were from their product, not their driver.  It was a tough argument and they eventually settled.

"Oh we killed him. We absolutely did. 

... but not how you say we did."

Courtroom silent. 

One juror coughs.

"I have nothing further your honor" lawyer sits down.

5 hours ago, cals said:

I once handled a case against a major beer manufacturer.  My guy was driving and got hit by a truck driven by beer company.  He was seriously injured and about a year later he died.

During discovery it came out that my guy drank a shitload of beer company’s beer and then they tried to argue his liver and kidney injuries that ultimately lead to his demise were from their product, not their driver.  It was a tough argument and they eventually settled.

Shakespeare was right. 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

But the family wants justice. They would never go for that. 

cough 

Excellent point. Just like all the people who settle out their sexual harassment cases, get paid a lot of money, then cry about how they are required to keep things confidential (which was obviously an acceptable term of settlement at the time they got paid). 

8 hours ago, cals said:

I think the Angels’ lawyers would do a pretty good job of informing the public that Momma Skaggs and Wifey Skaggs knew of his hobbies and were complacent.  

Tim Mead has said the Angels didn’t know.  I believe Tim Mead over a couple women who lost their ATM and a lawyer who sees nothing but dollar signs.  

Look, I try to be honest with you guys and honest in general but if it was my case I’d be yelling from the rafters about failures and duties and Justice and guilty verdicts just like this douchebag.  And do it with a straight fucking face.  

You know why?  Because the Skaggs family stands to get 50+ million out of this.  The lawyer gets 30-40%.  You do the math.  I’d blow @tdawg87 for 20 million dollars and I’d sure as hell lie to you all with a straight face for that amount, too.

I'm sure they would and the family would cry foul and it would be a mess in the media.  

And I want to believe Tim Mead too, but his swift exit from the HOF concerns me and I can't help but wonder if it's somehow related to this case and what could come out.  

Plus, MLB is already getting put on notice for opioid stuff.  And I suspect that there will be more of the same as far as rolling out multiple players to discuss the widespread use.  

It will be very interesting to see if MLB tries to throw the Angels org under the bus as an outlier even though we all know they're likely not.  

I think at the end of the day, MLB won't want this to go to trial either and may even agree to assist in the settlement (in some way) behind the scenes to keep this from getting any more public than it already is.