• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread (Eric Kay found GUILTY on both charges)

My suspicion is that drug use similar to what was going on with the Angels is probably pretty prevalent around Major League Baseball.  I doubt this is a unique situation.  

Whether someone like carpino should be shit canned or not because of this.  I can’t say.  I don’t know enough.  I think from a baseball perspective.  The people who run the organization suck and should go away.  That’s neither here nor there I guess for the topic of the thread. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, floplag said:

I have yet to hear anything that suggests anyone in the front office should have or did know anything.
They went to great lengths to hide what they were doing, putting it in shoes and such...
Assuming they knew doenst represent facts in evidence, at least not what ive read if anyone has read otherwise, please correct this. 

ESPN reported Kay’s assistant went to Carpino the day after Tyler died and told him Kay had confessed to doing drugs with Tyler the night prior but stated he did not provide the drugs. 

a lot of finger pointing and cover ups. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Ok, kind of off point.  But will all these opioid and cocaine use.  Doesn't MLB have drug testing?  How the heck does none of this get discovered?

Opioids and cocaine don't stay in your urine at detectable levels for all that long either. Obviously testing thresholds matter in results, but it's well within the realm of possibility to use either of those on a Friday and test clean on a Monday.

• Chuck changed the title to The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread
5 hours ago, nate said:

No, I got his point. It also isn't his job to watch after the welfare of his file clerk.

And again, this isn't just the file clerk, this is his assistant manager, and his assistant manager dealing to half the office.

In fact, it is more like you dealing drugs to the other INO store managers and having one of the stores burn down because the manager was too high to safely manage the store. If that were the case, you don't think your boss would get fired? INO also has thousands and thousands of employees. Angels have about a hundred who have a significant impact on the outcome of the season that they invest hundreds of millions of dollars on.

You do realize that such supervision is controlled by the terms of the CBA, and is performed under the terms of the JDA by the MLB/JDP?   

That is, the Angels can't test their players for drug use?  

California law also restricts testing of existing employees.  

I mean, what did you want them to do?  Put spyware on their phones and see if they're arranging drug buys?  Hire PD's to follow their players?   Test clubhouse urine on the sly for illegal drugs?

You can't violate people's privacy rights without reason "for their own good" and surveilling players is going to do wonders for player morale.

I have plenty of issues with Angels management, but I haven't seen any evidence that suggests this is on them ..

5 hours ago, Tank said:

by nate's reasoning, the presidents of the giants, cardinals, and cubs should've been fired when bonds, macgwire, and sosa were taking steroids and chasing hallowed records.

the original post feels more like a vendetta against carpino for whatever reasons.

It is. Nate hates Carpino. 

7 hours ago, failos said:

I’m not a fan of Carpino, but the premise of this thread is stupid. Why would Carpino turn a blind eye to an employee selling drugs to a player? If he had known he would’ve fired Kay on the spot. Good bosses don’t micromanage to the level of knowing every detail of their employees’ lives.

Because Nate hates Carpino.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

My suspicion is that drug use similar to what was going on with the Angels is probably pretty prevalent around Major League Baseball.  I doubt this is a unique situation.  

X1000

Right out front, it says here Skaggs was using before he got here, so was Harvey

So do plenty of other guys youll never hear about.

Fact. If Skaggs didnt get fent, he'd still be here. And nobody would have any idea he and Harvey partied. Plain and simple. (Much less have heard of Eric Kay)

And Id still be hesitant to call Kay "Mr Big". Kay is merely an addict. He had hookups. It was easy for Skaggs (and Im sure others) to use him to score, easier than having to go somewhere and get it themselves. And Id assume here Kay's fee was scoring dope for himself, not money.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Kind of like watching 2 Girls 1 Cup 

Maybe 7 years after that came out, I was shocked some guy at work had never heard of it. (I didnt get ambushed by it until like the whole world had seen it)

So after ruining his life w it, I bragged to another guy at work how I ambushed the first guy. He said "huh, never heard of that"

And i got a second victim. Same night. Like years after the world was destroyed by it.

One of those better days at work