• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread (Eric Kay found GUILTY on both charges)

—Some people take drugs.

—Bad things do happen when you take drugs.

—People know this (If you want to get cute, people either know or “should have known” this).

As Fletch points out this is not the civil suit, but so far (!) I don’t see anything that tempts me to conclude anything more than the first three sentences of this post.

44 minutes ago, Tank said:

by nate's reasoning, the presidents of the giants, cardinals, and cubs should've been fired when bonds, macgwire, and sosa were taking steroids and chasing hallowed records.

the original post feels more like a vendetta against carpino for whatever reasons.

I think he just picked a recognizable name in his thirst for “someone to pay.”

I have yet to hear anything that suggests anyone in the front office should have or did know anything.
They went to great lengths to hide what they were doing, putting it in shoes and such...
Assuming they knew doenst represent facts in evidence, at least not what ive read if anyone has read otherwise, please correct this. 

So far there seems to be little doubt that Kay did supply some pills to players.  

What’s not been proven is if Kay supplied pills to Skaggs in Texas.   

In a larger context, the Angels can’t be the only team with this problem. It’s a national issue. Seems like some player testing  should be considered.  

Ok, this is similar, but not from MLB site.  

https://baseball.fandom.com/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_drug_policy

Drugs of abuse

1. Cocaine
  2. LSD
  3. Marijuana
  4. Opiates (e.g., heroin, codeine, morphine)

Also from the site. 

Drugs of Abuse

Testing for drugs of abuse is not administered randomly, but on a basis of reasonable cause. If one of the HPAC panel members has evidence that a player has used, possessed, or sold banned substances in the last 12 months, they call a conference and discuss the evidence with the other members. If a majority vote to test the suspected player is reached, then testing will take place immediately, after no later than 48 hours.

54 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Ok, kind of off point.  But will all these opioid and cocaine use.  Doesn't MLB have drug testing?  How the heck does none of this get discovered?

MLB added opioids to its list of substances that they tested for prior to the 2020 season. It was a direct reaction to the Skaggs case.

58 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Skaggs wasn't an innocent child being fed drugs by a big bad boogeyman. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Whether he helped Kay score any drugs is unknown. But this whole fiasco is just the Skaggs family putting blame anywhere but themselves.

Or, on Tyler... No one wants to lose a child I get that. 

However, in the end it is the choices we as adults make that may or may not hurt us, our families and friendships. That's on the individual who failed to see through the BS or Addiction.

Now, should the Halos ORG known something was up? At the time, I believe it was due to the hands-off approach that Ausmus and his coaching staff showed. He didn't seem very communicative and neither did Doug White.