• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

8 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

So if Marsh hits 5 homers next year are you going to be surprised and stay stubborn on this?  How about the next year when he hits 9?

I haven’t seen any actual evidence yet he can hit for power and neither have you.  He is 215 lbs and 6’4”.  That’s all we have at this point.  And isn’t 19.

Those are the facts.  The longer a player goes without showing a skill set that was projected foe him, the more it is reasonable to start to question of that projected skill set is real.

He has less than a year in the majors.  I get that. But it’s not like he showed any power at any other level.

I hope he ends up being the greatest player in baseball, or I hope they get the best pitcher in baseball for him if they trade him.  I am an Angel fan.  Duh.

I am just not going to pretend I see something (Marsh hitting for power) that I don’t see yet just because I want him to be great.

dear God.  It's his ceiling.  Projection isn't evidence.  His build is all you're using.  It's his swing and approach etc.  The power isn't there yet and maybe not be for a couple years.  If he doesn't reach his ceiling then so be it.  I'm not saying his will.  But he could and that's called a CEILING.  

It doesn't matter if you see his potential.  Others do.  Again, if you want to project that he won't get there then fine.  I think there's an reasonable chance he won't.  But that doesn't change his ceiling.  

Maybe you should look up the word Ceiling.  Or maybe I should just keep repeating that it's not what he's already done or what he might do in 2023.  Ceiling.  Ceiling.  

Ceiling.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

dear God.  It's his ceiling.  Projection isn't evidence.  His build is all you're using.  It's his swing and approach etc.  The power isn't there yet and maybe not be for a couple years.  If he doesn't reach his ceiling then so be it.  I'm not saying his will.  But he could and that's called a CEILING.  

It doesn't matter if you see his potential.  Others do.  Again, if you want to project that he won't get there then fine.  I think there's an reasonable chance he won't.  But that doesn't change his ceiling.  

Maybe you should look up the word Ceiling.  Or maybe I should just keep repeating that it's not what he's already done or what he might do in 2023.  Ceiling.  Ceiling.  

Ceiling.  

It’s getting boring.

The longer your tool is projected and not yet realized the less likely it is that people will still consider it as part of your ceiling.

Thats why I asked if you would view his power ceiling to remain if he hit 5 homers next year.

I am not at all trying to change YOUR view of his ceiling.  Stop telling me how long I need to rely on what is projected versus what has actually happened.  I am entitled to that analysis all on my own and you don’t need to agree with me.

Are we done yet?

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It’s getting boring.

The longer your tool is projected and not yet realized the less likely it is that people will still consider it as part of your ceiling.

Thats why I asked if you would view his power ceiling to remain if he hit 5 homers next year.

I am not at all trying to change YOUR view of his ceiling.  Stop telling me how long I need to rely on what is projected versus what has actually happened.  I am entitled to that analysis all on my own and you don’t need to agree with me.

Are we done yet?

yah.  he'll be 24.  

what?   where did I tell you that?  I really don't care.  I'm just pointing out that you clearly don't understand a ceiling.  I never thought you were trying to change my view of Marsh's ceiling.  But you did ask for an objective view of what I thought it was right as you were saying that you didn't think what he's shown so far indicates that he'll have any power.  Then you stated that you did not say he wouldn't have power.  Then I tried to point what a ceiling is.  You can keep writing whatever you want.  He still has a ceiling that's different from what we're seeing until he's reached his peak.  If you think he's there from a power standpoint then so be it.  If you don't, then what you're saying makes no sense.   

But I honestly have no idea what you're arguing at this point.   You've gone around in so many circles I'm getting dizzy.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Ceiling.  

Trout hit 1 then 10 then 11 HR in the minors then hit 30 in his first year in the majors.

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yah.  he'll be 24.  

what?   where did I tell you that?  I really don't care.  I'm just pointing out that you clearly don't understand a ceiling.  I never thought you were trying to change my view of Marsh's ceiling.  But you did ask for an objective view of what I thought it was right as you were saying that you didn't think what he's shown so far indicates that he'll have any power.  Then you stated that you did not say he wouldn't have power.  Then I tried to point what a ceiling is.  You can keep writing whatever you want.  He still has a ceiling that's different from what we're seeing until he's reached his peak.  If you think he's there from a power standpoint then so be it.  If you don't, then what you're saying makes no sense.   

But I honestly have no idea what you're arguing at this point.   You've gone around in so many circles I'm getting dizzy.  

You started out dizzy.  I think I hurt your feelings over a player you love.

You missed the point 11 times.  Thanks for checking in.