• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

corey seager is expected to get more than 300 million?

what?! i am more out of touch than i even suspected.

To some extent, it’s only logical to see the markets for certain top-of-the-scale free agents crystallize more quickly than others. Seager is one of the top two names on the market, while Semien is coming off the best season of any of the “second tier” of shortstops — those expected to sign north of $100MM but well beneath the likely $300MM+ price range of Seager and Carlos Correa.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

corey seager is expected to get more than 300 million?

what?! i am more out of touch than i even suspected.

To some extent, it’s only logical to see the markets for certain top-of-the-scale free agents crystallize more quickly than others. Seager is one of the top two names on the market, while Semien is coming off the best season of any of the “second tier” of shortstops — those expected to sign north of $100MM but well beneath the likely $300MM+ price range of Seager and Carlos Correa.

Seager gets massively underrated by people.  I think Correa gets his due but he's just hated.

Using the names being mentioned here it becomes pretty clear how much better Seager has been than that second tier headlined by Semien.

Through age 27 Semien had a career OPS+ of 96, and we aren't talking about a guy who was just getting started, he had booked nearly 2400 at bats through age 27.  Seager at the same point has a 131 OPS+ with almost the same number of ABs.   To put Seager's 131 into perspective -- Arod from age 20-27 posted an OPS+ of 148, and 144 overall since coming up.  Ernie Banks was at 136 through the same age, Jeter 122, Ripken 125, Trammell 105.   Correa BTW is at 127, but he's a year younger, plays better defense and has managed a larger number of at bats -- so a person could argue he's trending even better anyone available.

But yeah, I don't think you're out of touch, Seager is just one of those guys that people seem to underrate so the general vibe is he's a lesser player than he is.  He's had injury issues and maybe that's the issue -- kind of how Larry Walker was always underrated because he seemed to always break down, but Seager's been a historically great SS, at least offensively.

God Bless Jered Weaver for plunking his brother!   Truly an American hero.