• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels won't bring back Brian Butterfield (3rd base coach)

3 hours ago, bruin5 said:

Just curious.  How do we really know that Butterfield was a great coach?  John Heyman says so, but based on what?  

Oh, wait, he helped Derek Jeter learn to play shortstop and he was a Yankee 20 years ago.  Obviously, that makes him elite, not the work that Jeter put into it.  

Same with Jose Molina.  The only comment I saw from a player was Taylor Ward.  Of course, Taylor is not playing catcher.  Matt Thaiss has yet to be heard from.   

We don’t know if commentators like Heyman or Timms really have a ranking list of all coaches or if their take is based on personal interactions (which is often is for reporters). 

It was Taylor Blake Ward, who is a blogger and podcaster, not Taylor Ward, the Angels reserve OF/INF/C.

Gallego is next, probably.

Wise, not sure if he goes. With a second consecutive losing season, Maddon had to make some changes to his staff.

They also need to look at training staff, the injuries last year were really high. I know players didn't play the year before, but they were way above the rest of MLB.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Gallego is next, probably.

Wise, not sure if he goes. With a second consecutive losing season, Maddon had to make some changes to his staff.

They also need to look at training staff, the injuries last year were really high. I know players didn't play the year before, but they were way above the rest of MLB.

It feels like Gallego should go, especially since he one of Eppler's first hires.

As far as the training staff goes, we may not know whether any changes have been made until Spring Training or until the media guide comes out. I doubt they announce any training staff changes publicly.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

It was Taylor Blake Ward, who is a blogger and podcaster, not Taylor Ward, the Angels reserve OF/INF/C.

I remember the tweet from Taylor Blake Ward.  However, I thought there was also a comment from Taylor Ward about the help he got from Molina.  I can’t find it.  

The Taylor Blake Ward comment was funny since it said that “if you asked catchers throughout the Angels organization, José Molina would likely come up as the most important man in their career - giant loss for Angels”.   Of course he’s the most important person in their career.  HE’S THE CATCHING COACH.  Pretty sure Molina’s replacement will become the most important man in the career. 

The stats for Angels catcher’s were pretty poor this past year.  I’m sure there are better catching coaches out there. 

30 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Gallego is not a favorite within the organization.  Should be gone as I don’t see what he actually provides to the team. 

Is your first sentence a fact or your opinion? Your second sentence makes me think it's more of an opinion.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Remember when your lunch with Minasian got cancelled last week? Well, I have some sad news to break to you, buddy.

Before you give him the news... you should know you've been traded to halo heaven.  Best of luck to you Taylor.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Please name all of the teams that fired their manger in April.

Phillies Nick Leyva, Padres, Preston Gomez, Yankees, Bob Lemon, Detroit, Phil Garner after only 6 games, Baltimore, Cal Ripken SR., and in Bryan Price in 2018 by Reds. This is just a few that I remember oh Larry Rothchild