• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels won't bring back Brian Butterfield (3rd base coach)

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

Is your first sentence a fact or your opinion? Your second sentence makes me think it's more of an opinion.

It’s the opinion of a couple of members of the Angels that I knew when he had a high level minor league leadership position.  Basically, they told me “he is a d!ck”.  What exactly is his job? 

1 hour ago, bruin5 said:

It’s the opinion of a couple of members of the Angels that I knew when he had a high level minor league leadership position.  Basically, they told me “he is a d!ck”.  What exactly is his job? 

Interesting insight.

I don't really know what he does as bench coach, but I do think there are better options out there for the job. He doesn't seem to fit the prototypical mold of a young, analytical bench coach/future manager type.

When do we see the replacements announced for Butterfield, Molina, and any other potential coaching staff departures?

Also, who should the Angels be targeting as replacements?

Looking at infield positioning, the Giants and Dodgers were among the top in wOBA against for shifts against RHH and LHH. So maybe target someone from them? But who do you target? Their infield coordinator? Their minor league field coordinator?

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

When do we see the replacements announced for Butterfield, Molina, and any other potential coaching staff departures?

Also, who should the Angels be targeting as replacements?

Looking at infield positioning, the Giants and Dodgers were among the top in wOBA against for shifts against RHH and LHH. So maybe target someone from them? But who do you target? Their infield coordinator? Their minor league field coordinator?

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up that much. 

Expect someone like DiSarcina.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up that much. 

Expect someone like DiSarcina.

Why would they fire an old-school type infield coach (Butterfield) only to hire a different old-school type infield coach (DiSarcina)?

41 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Why would they fire an old-school type infield coach (Butterfield) only to hire a different old-school type infield coach (DiSarcina)?

Money (albeit minimal, and maybe not here, but maybe someone like Mark Dalesandro costs less than Jose Molina), change for the sake of change (scapegoats), availability of someone else (like when Maddon became available)...

15 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Money (albeit minimal, and maybe not here, but maybe someone like Mark Dalesandro costs less than Jose Molina), change for the sake of change (scapegoats), availability of someone else (like when Maddon became available)...

who is Mark Dalesandro?

18 hours ago, totdprods said:

how does Mark Dalesandro relate to this? is he the Angels new catching coach?