Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Angels Off-season Predictions


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I do. 

But I've always tempered it by saying we don't have their data in order to know where to place the blame.

Ok. That's fair.

I do think part of the issue is that they played a lot of players who just aren't good defensively. (Pujols, Rojas, Mayfield, Gosselin, Upton, Eaton, etc.) I think a lot of the good teams make up for sub-par individual defense by good defensive positioning.

 

Some improvement has to be made in one aspect at the very least. Ideally, you get better defensive players and you improve the defensive positioning. Realistically, you at least shore up one of those two aspects. Even if Fletch thinks the Angels positioning isn't that bad, I think it can be acknowledged that it's not a huge strength (which you'd want it to be).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Ok. That's fair.

I do think part of the issue is that they played a lot of players who just aren't good defensively. (Pujols, Rojas, Mayfield, Gosselin, Upton, Eaton, etc.) I think a lot of the good teams make up for sub-par individual defense by good defensive positioning.

 

Some improvement has to be made in one aspect at the very least. Ideally, you get better defensive players and you improve the defensive positioning. Realistically, you at least shore up one of those two aspects. Even if Fletch thinks the Angels positioning isn't that bad, I think it can be acknowledged that it's not a huge strength (which you'd want it to be).

The defensive situation is a cause of extreme pessimism for me. 

They can obviously improve the OF defense in house.  Third should be better with a healthy Rendon, and removing Suzuki should have as positive an impact as removing AP did.  But other than changes at SS/Back up catcher they will likely be returning a lot of the same people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You don’t have all the data they have. 

Hey fletch, have you ever seen any of those little alignment cards the players carry with them while they’re in the field playing defense? And if so, what’s on them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 8:08 AM, angelsnationtalk said:

What I mean by leaving shortstop and guys like Gosselin up in the air is their vacancy of defense. 

Gosselin is a terrible defender. 

There’s no real reason to keep Gosselin, especially with a lot of space to create on the 40 man this winter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tank said:

Hey fletch, have you ever seen any of those little alignment cards the players carry with them while they’re in the field playing defense? And if so, what’s on them?

A derivative of this I think.

E9DF3455-14C3-40F7-8191-3CB609A85646.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

A derivative of this I think.

E9DF3455-14C3-40F7-8191-3CB609A85646.jpeg

there's a certain elegant simplicity to this. thank you.

so @Jeff Fletcher would it be out-of-bounds for a journalist to ask about these? i'd guess the info on them rather guarded, but i'm really curious what they look like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

there's a certain elegant simplicity to this. thank you.

so @Jeff Fletcher would it be out-of-bounds for a journalist to ask about these? i'd guess the info on them rather guarded, but i'm really curious what they look like.

Sure. I could ask. I just never thought it was that interesting. It’s a card that tells them where to play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...